Keto-Friendly Snacks

Options
GabyBaby916
GabyBaby916 Posts: 385 Member
In addition to going very low carb/keto, I'm also limiting my carbs to 1450 - 1500 per day.
Many of the snacks that I see are nuts, which are higher in calories.

What do you use for lower calorie, keto-friendly snacks?
Also, if you have any links for your favorite keto recipe sites, please share!

Replies

• jackalope39
    jackalope39 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am very new to Keto too - but the snacks I've been having are string cheese, almonds, salami and cream cheese, half an avocado, or nitrate-free/carb-free deli meat.

Hope that helps!
  • GabyBaby916
    Options
    Thanks Jackalope!
    I need to look up the nutrition info on a variety of veggies too. I want to make some dehydrated snacks (instead of buying the premade stuff from the store that is loaded with salt and sugar.
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    The great thing about keto is that it pretty much is tailored to our bodies to prevent overeating. You don't need to limit your calories, and can cause metabolic damage if you're hungry all the time.

The more fat you have, the better. Dietary fat is extremely difficult to turn into body fat, whereas carbohydrates turn into body fat very easily. The body doesn't produce carbohydrates on it's own...

but if you really want low-calorie keto-friendly snacks, go get a jar of pickles. I prefer Claussen. Beef jerky is a nice protein snack, especially if you make it yourself. The only problem then is that you need to eat something higher in fat for your next meal.

I rarely need to snack; I feel fine eating one or two large meals a day and then I'm not hungry for a day. I still eat, but it's up to me what I eat and where. :) I don't feel tempted by having things all around me to munch on.

What about celery and olive oil ranch dressing?
  • GabyBaby916
    Options
    Thanks Bacitracin!

I tend to eat smaller meals more often. I've always had a tendency to graze and by just planning out meals this way, it helps to keep me from eating the wrong things. I also eat when bored/emotional etc....so when I'm sitting at my desk, I want to reach for a keto-friendly item rather than the vending machine junk.

I love LOVE making my own jerky. I'm not a huge pickle fan, but the celery idea sounds great too!
    (Or celery with natural PB)!
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Avocado and sour cream mixed together is a pretty yummy snack. It's filling enough to the point I've actually eaten just avocado and sour cream as a meal before lol.
  • GabyBaby916
    Options
    Ooooh! I'll have to give that a try. Thanks!
  • OUFan70
    OUFan70 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Pepperoni nuked in the mircowave + cream cheese!
  • GabyBaby916
    Options
    Thank you!
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Cheese crisps! I love them ...

Cut full-fat cheese into slices slightly larger than a silver dollar, melt on parchment paper (not wax paper) in an oven or microwave... Makes nice crispy cheese snacks!
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I like to make deviled eggs with mayo only. :D Its a gooood snack!
  • GabyBaby916
    Options
    Cheese crisps! I love them ...

Cut full-fat cheese into slices slightly larger than a silver dollar, melt on parchment paper (not wax paper) in an oven or microwave... Makes nice crispy cheese snacks!
    Oh I love doing this!!! And they taste better than Cheez-Its!
  • GabyBaby916
    Options
    I like to make deviled eggs with mayo only. :D Its a gooood snack!
    This is also a great idea. Maybe with some avocado instead of mayo....yummm....
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    If you need something crunchy, some hot-n-spicy pork rinds dip well in guac or sour cream! :)
  • GabyBaby916
    Options
    OMG....I tried the pork rinds in guac last night. Yummmmmm!
    I hadn't had pork rinds in years and I'm totally loving the fact that I can eat them relatively guilt free (as long as I stay within my macros).