Week #1 posts

Options
I will post a thread titled Week #? posts and this is where from now on I will post my daily tips for you guys. This will make the posts easier to find and come back to should you want them later on. :D I also am going to close the group so that we can have a more personal feel and be comfortable posting freely about any issues that may arise. WE are in this together with each other and to grow as a fit family with Insanity as our guide. Enjoy!

DAY 1: Is a video that is listed on the main board.

DAY 2:

It's DAY 2 and I wanted to remind you about Hydration, hydration, hydration! Water helps curb hunger. Shaun suggests drinking half of your body weight in ounces of water each day. Not only will water keep you hydrated and quench thirst, it will ease your hunger.

Have you read your nutrition guide yet? If not get all over that TODAY! You can not expect to obtain great results if you are only doing part of the program (sure you'll still get results but you may not be happy with them in the end).

DAY 3:

The key this week is landing softly and learning to engage your core. When beginning or advancing in a workout program, the primary muscles often get stronger before the connective tissue does. This can result in discomfort, particularly in the joints. How do you avoid this with an intense program like INSANITY? Never skip the warm-ups and cooldowns, always focus on form, and modify or take a break if you are in pain. Keep your joints safe for the long haul.

I had to do this with my Knee today. It started to hurt so I have to modify and take my intensity down. However, I was putting extreme FOCUS on my form. Keep in mind you don't have to be perfect with those on the video. You do have to be perfect with yourself, your situations, and your form!

DAY 4!

This is an exciting time. You are about to make big changes in your life. Before you jump in, make sure you watch the workouts, understand the moves, and modify those that are above your skill level so that you are always working hard, but at your own level.

How did you do today with Cardio Recovery?

I was SO SO happy to have Recovery & Yoga today. Much needed after a few days of double workouts. So happy happy happy! Much needed and well deserved. :D

Replies

• JoyfullySimpleFit
    Options
    DAY 5:

Is anyone in here drinking Shakeology? Just incase you are I wanted to post this today and ask about your thoughts and personal experience with Shakeology.

What benefits have you noticed in your first week of drinking Shakeology®?
    Fun Fact: Instead of going to a juice chain and getting a wheat grass shot for $3, just drink Shakeology . . . it's already in there. Even better, the wheat grass used in Shakeology is harvested in a very immature stage (freshly sprouted), so it's gluten free!

Recipe: Chocolate Banana Nutter
    - 1 scoop Chocolate Shakeology - 1 Tbsp. natural peanut butter
    - 1 banana - 1 cup water
  • mnwelch
    mnwelch Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Just finished Plyometric Cardio Circuit (Day 6). I am having the most trouble with the level 1 drills and the switch feet. I can't see to get in a good groove with those.
  • JoyfullySimpleFit
    Options
    Just finished Plyometric Cardio Circuit (Day 6). I am having the most trouble with the level 1 drills and the switch feet. I can't see to get in a good groove with those.

I will try to pay attention to those tomorrow and see what I could suggest. I know I have issue with switch kicks due to my knee so depending on how tolerable the knee is sometimes I step thru while staying low so that my contraction/tightening is still fully engaged. :D HTH.
  • JoyfullySimpleFit
    Options
    DAY 6:

Awesome job on completing Week 1! You should be so proud of yourself for getting through this week . . . I know it wasn't easy.

What is your "Why"? Anyone willing to share what was keeping you Pushing Play all this week?
  • KristaHuyer
    KristaHuyer Posts: 57
    Options
    I know Im a few days behind you guys but it is still great to read all your posts! I have been SO sick with a sinus cold, so its been difficult to complete the workouts. Saturdays are my rest days as well so tomorrow i will get back on the bandwagon.
    I am very curious about starting shakeology to help me get through these weekend. I am gluten and lactose intolerant, /so would need the vegan kind. ANY opinions on shakeology? Does it make you have to go to the bathroom a lot in the first week? I've also heard from some people that it is HORRIBLE to come off of shakeology. Cause its like being on a high, and when you go off it for any reason, it is difficult. Anyone else heard of that before or have anything to add?
    :)
  • JoyfullySimpleFit
    Options
    I know Im a few days behind you guys but it is still great to read all your posts! I have been SO sick with a sinus cold, so its been difficult to complete the workouts. Saturdays are my rest days as well so tomorrow i will get back on the bandwagon.
    I am very curious about starting shakeology to help me get through these weekend. I am gluten and lactose intolerant, /so would need the vegan kind. ANY opinions on shakeology? Does it make you have to go to the bathroom a lot in the first week? I've also heard from some people that it is HORRIBLE to come off of shakeology. Cause its like being on a high, and when you go off it for any reason, it is difficult. Anyone else heard of that before or have anything to add?

Yikes! No, I have not heard this or experienced it. I have been using Shakeology for 3 years now. I currently am on the Vegan kind too (chocolate and the tropical strawberry). I have gone everyday for months....I also have gone without a shake for a week and in the beginning I started and stopped shakeology with no issues. I never had a negative effect with it. There was no jarring. I am asking my group on FB now though if any of them have experienced this. Now that you mention it I am curious to know. So I will let you know what I find out from them about it. I don't think this effect would or should happen and that maybe it was due to other things those people may have been taking along with Shakeology.
  • KristaHuyer
    KristaHuyer Posts: 57
    Options

Yikes! No, I have not heard this or experienced it. I have been using Shakeology for 3 years now. I currently am on the Vegan kind too (chocolate and the tropical strawberry). I have gone everyday for months....I also have gone without a shake for a week and in the beginning I started and stopped shakeology with no issues. I never had a negative effect with it. There was no jarring. I am asking my group on FB now though if any of them have experienced this. Now that you mention it I am curious to know. So I will let you know what I find out from them about it. I don't think this effect would or should happen and that maybe it was due to other things those people may have been taking along with Shakeology.

Thank you so much! Let me know for sure! I am really leaning towards getting it, but definitely don't want withdrawel symptoms if I ever went off! Thank you for your information :)
  • PlatinumChic35
    PlatinumChic35 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I don't know if its too late to start the group but I just finished day 6 of Insanity. I'm like totally overjoyed!! This is the second time I've started. The first time I wasn't ready and loaned it to a friend (which never returned it). Soo.. I had to buy it again. This time I'm focused and determined not to give up. Diet is the hardest part. Now I try not to eat fast food. Thank God tomorrow is an off day!
  • ironpudge
    ironpudge Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    HECK YEAH!

Saturaday will be complete then I can enjoy an off day that goes way to fast! Haha, anyway I am overjoyed at the benefits working out and pushing past my limits have brought. I guess it's a plethora of things that have me pressing play everyday and doing other activities I normally would'nt be doing, like jogging, swimming, and other normal young adult activities! I keep pressing play because it keeps me from staying in the house. I have so much energy now that staying in and playing a video game or watching Netflix does'nt really cut it! I am to drawn into the summer time activities of the world to go back to my old ways. Not to mention Insanity has brought alot of compliments!

Tons and tons actually. People act as if I dropped a hundred pounds and that's only three weeks in, I just have to see what occurs after the sixty three days are up! Besides best of all, if I look in the mirror just right, I can see some defination with my abdominals! Haha! That for certain keeps me pressing play everyday!
  • valentina2122
    Options
    Finished day 6 today wooo! its so so horrendously hard and ive never sweated as much in my life but I love it and kinda sad its a day off tomorrow!! haha
  • JoyfullySimpleFit
    Options
    DAY 7:

Today is your rest day. No workouts today—be sure to rest your body. Get outside or enjoy time with friends and family, but don't do a strenuous workout on your rest day. This is the time your body needs to rest and recover for the next week. Pushing hard every day could lead to injury or pain. Plus REST is part of the program. ;)
  • JoyfullySimpleFit
    Options

Thank you so much! Let me know for sure! I am really leaning towards getting it, but definitely don't want withdrawel symptoms if I ever went off! Thank you for your information :)

OK, so I have had at least 15 people reply now and they all said they never had "withdrawal" symptoms. You can however feel a lack of energy especially if you go back to unhealthy habits. Due to the high nutrients in Shakeology your body gets energy from that and feels healthier. So thats about the only difference. If you stop drinking it and still are eating clean and healthy plus exercising you probably will not notice any difference. If you want to check out more info on shakeology I have a link you can check out, there are a few tabs like "the doctors" and "the recipes" that are good ones to check out. Just let me know if you need any help or anything else. :D
  • boberrymom
    boberrymom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Week 1 is done!!!! Finished last workout today and so looking forward to rest day tomorrow. And back at it!