Recovery time

Options
makinitcount44
makinitcount44 Posts: 441 Member
How many of you are taking the allotted recovery time between sets? 105 sec is sooo long!!! I do take recovery but after abut 60 secs I'm ready to go!!

Replies

• jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    I don't wait either. I do the next set as soon as I'm ready
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    On the actual lifting, yes I take all 105 seconds because I really want to be able to get full recovery to work those lifts and do the most I can for whatever reps/sets I do.

But, I don't wait the whole 105 seconds for the cruches, I actually turn that into a circuit with 105 seconds rested after each run. So for example, I am in stage 3. I do one set decline sit-ups (weighted, and subbed for the swiss ball), one set of hip flexion, and one set of the laterals then wait 105 seconds and the repeat. I also didn't wait the whole 105 on the cobras, I did 90 and 90.
  • becca2911
    becca2911 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I just rest until I'm recovered on up to a maximum of what's alloted. Ie. if 60 secs I will take anything UP TO 60 secs before my next set.
  • KellyUVA
    KellyUVA Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I just wait until I feel ready - probably closer to 45-60 secs. I just don't have enough time or patience to wait that long.
  • makinitcount44
    makinitcount44 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I just wait until I feel ready - probably closer to 45-60 secs. I just don't have enough time or patience to wait that long.

That's mostly it for me too- dent have the extra time or patience to stand there and wait. I feel unproductive after I feel my body is ready to go again and I haven't used all the allotted time. Lol
  • lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I do not wait the full 105 seconds...more like 75-90 seconds. I agree with everyone that I don't have time for all of that standing around. However, I would encourage you all to increase your rest times, as it really can make a difference in how hard you can work. Remember the goal is to increase strength, keep good form and work REALLY hard when you are working.