AMRAP question

Options
jamiek917
jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
Sunday will be the last workout of workout B in phase 1 (yay!). for the AMRAP- do i do AMRAP A and B in the same session (which would be tuesday)- or do i split them up. splitting them up would seem like a crazy short workout if thats all im doing (aside from the warmup). and i do all of the exercises in each workout as many reps as possible, right?

Replies

• becca2911
    becca2911 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    IMO the AMRAP isn't worth doing. I think it's just to prove to yourself that you're stronger. I think it's suggested that theyre split but as it's not an essential part of the programme I dont think it matters
  • jamiek917
    Options
    i debated it...but i think combining both AMRAPs into 1 workout would actually be 1 pretty good workout...so ill likely do it anyway :)
  • chocolatecroissant
    chocolatecroissant Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I found the AMRAP a killer workout - absolutely shattered both times! I'd recommend it.

My question - is AMRAP just for Stage 1 or are you meant to do it after each stage?
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,961 Member
    Options
    AMRAP is really just an end-of-stage-1 exemplification of HOW FAR you can take strength-training in a (relatively) short time.

I wouldn't do it after every stage - it isn't written into the program that way.

And, I didn't do it after Stage 1, either - I'd convinced myself (by then) that I was going to do the whole NROL4W program - so, I didn't need to take 2 work-outs (1 for AMRAP on "A" and 1 for AMRAP on "B") to REMIND myself of all the (good) progress I made through Stage 1!!
  • jamiek917
    Options
    i combined both AMRAPs into 1 *kitten*-kicking 30 min workout. i dripped sweat all over my training log :)
  • chocolatecroissant
    chocolatecroissant Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    i combined both AMRAPs into 1 *kitten*-kicking 30 min workout. i dripped sweat all over my training log :)
    Respect! That has got to be tough!
  • evedroid
    evedroid Posts: 134 Member
    Options

thats what ive done as well. got drenched within no time! :)