Think this is clean??

Options
conniedj
conniedj Posts: 470 Member
We live in Michigan, and with the gorgeous spring weather, we decided to open up our pool. If not for swimming ( no heater), to serve as a really awesome water feature for the tree frogs to enjoy!

On the bottom of the deep end lay dozens and dozens of earth worms, some of which were still alive. Great! I scooped them out and my sons and I put them into one of the garden beds. My 5 year old loves all things living. will play with the worms, make them homes, help them get to their home...etc. So hands full of juicy worms.... He comes into the house, and grabs a snack with his wormy hands and starts sticking snack and wormy fingers in mouth. Ick~was my reaction. But then, when I thought about it, it's way better than most of the nasty processed food we let them eat. lol. Imagine that? a few years ago my germ-a-phobe self would have been making him wash and sanitize, then given him a rice crispy treat!! Now? A little worm gunk won't hurt! It's amazing what a bit of perspective changes, huh?

Have a great weekend!

Replies

• kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Should this turn into a confessions page? I have an adorable black poodle. Have had dogs for 21 years now. Still I'm not a let the dog lick me kind of person. Fortunately, she seldom does.

Any how I sat my plate with my snack on the coffee table just for a second to answer the phone. Turned to see where the dog was thinking she's no where even close... just in time to see her give my rice cake (with banana and pistachio butter) a quick hesitant lick. She then turned to see if I was watching her. I yelled, "Off!" and she backed away.

I'm in a hurry. Don't have time to make another snack. Won't be home for dinner for another few hours. I then thought should I throw this away and tough it out? Nahhhhh. If dog slobber was going kill me I'd have been dead 21 years ago. Still alive and kicking and loving your wormy hands story. Very organic. <smile>
  • carrie3083
    carrie3083 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Pistachio butter??? YUM. Where does one get this delicious sounding product? Whole Foods? Sorry for the thread jack :/
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Whole foods. I must say that it is good. Is it hooty hoo let's buy it again good? I wouldn't buy it again. If you love pistachios with a vengeance you'd probably love it. I'd rather eat a pistachio every now and then and have some peanut butter with my banana.
  • conniedj
    conniedj Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Lol. confessions of the clean eaters....or not so clean, clean eaters!!! Anyone else??
  • libertygirlfla
    libertygirlfla Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I don't have any worm eating stories...but they eat them all the time on survivor, so I'm sure a little organic garden dirt and touching a worm before eating didn't hurt your little guy one bit! I eat blueberries right off of my bushes..without (gasp) washing them.

We've become such a germ obsessed society since most people have almost no immune system due mostly to malnutrition (despite being overweight). We become strong and are able to fight diseases (including cancer) by having a strong immune system. It gets that way through good nutrition and exposure to germs. I haven't had a cold is so many years, I wouldn't know what to do if I got one. Sometimes I feel a little less terrific and I assume I'm fighting something, but I haven't been full-on sick in a very long time!

Keep up the great work, momma!
  • libertygirlfla
    libertygirlfla Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    By the way, I'm sure the tree frogs and the worms thank you! lol :flowerforyou: