Hi all- new and thinking...

Options
lilbearzmom
lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
I am considering buying and putting into practice Mark Bittman's "Vegan Before 6" or "VB6" book. It's like "part time" veganism. You eat vegan before 6 pm, then what you want after 6. I realize that some will say "what's the point?" I figure you have to start somewhere. I am interested in lessening my impact on the enviroment as well as eating better. Thanks and glad I found this group!

Replies

• jezama77
    jezama77 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard of it, but if it helps you transition, then go for it. I am more of an 'all or nothing' girl, so I mostly went for it from the first decision, but I am also cheap, so I continued to eat a few things that I had in my house through the transition process (like whey protein powder). That is long gone and now I used plant-based protein powder for my morning smoothie. :)

I also find that it is helpful to avoid refined sugars. Now strawberries and other fruits are so much sweeter. I really love the way that I eat now. I can't imagine going back. :)

Good luck on your health and diet choices!
  • steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Anything you do to improve your health...do it!! I have the book on order at my local library just because I enjoy his writing. He has a good book on cooking vegetables that you might checkout. Library is another way to check out the many authors mentioned on this group board. Good Luck!!