Options
zumbaforever
zumbaforever Posts: 6,899 Member
May 5th -- May 11th
Stretch or Yoga, 30 minutes on
May 10th, Rest on May 11th

Second Challenge
(Start May 6th)
Punches with exaggerated twist to warm up 45 seconds: "DO MASON (RUSSIAN) TWISTS FOR 30 SECONDS!" on second set
Lunges: Do 10 lunges on each leg, repeat X 1 (add weights, a bar or dumbbells are fine)
Planks: Do each of the following for 40 seconds
Side Plank, Center Plank, Side Plank, then ten sit-ups (do bicycles if more is needed for sit-ups)
Repeat the Planks and Sit-ups one more time
Rows & Curls, do 1 set of 10 for each exercise, repeat X 1
Arnold Presses, do two sets of 10, rest 30 seconds between sets
Flys & Kickbacks, do 1 set of 10 for each exercise, repeat X 1

Repeat this Challenge Once (twice total) On the second warm up do Mason (Russian) twists for 30 seconds, feet off the ground.

First Challenge
(Start May 5th)
50 Jumping Jacks
30 Squats
10 Burpees
15 Pushups
40 Mtn. Climbers

Repeat One Time

Alternate these two Challenges for five days. On day six do either a 30 minute stretch or 20-30 minutes of yoga.
Then "Rest" on day 7. Walking is ok for day 7. But all bodies need a day of rest to adequately prepare for the next week.

Replies

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,444 Member
    Options
    Shelley - this is good stuff! Thanks for putting it together for us.

Today's challenge DONE...I did the 15 burpee challenge, walked w/Bean for 33 minutes, spent 25 mins on 30DS L1D8, 30 mins on Coffee-Meyer's upper body workout, and other challenges. I'll do the recumbent later this evening.

I've been working on getting more water, in but it's hard. I have to really think about it. The scale went way up this past week and I know it was salt...found some new almonds...so I'm working on that challenge, too! bwahahah!

Hope you all had a great weekend.

TTYL
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Morning all, I did a walk with the boys yesterday and got our 15 burpee challenge in also. That was it. But it was enough. We had my daughter and her family over. The grand kids sure are growing up fast. Plus they brought their new puppy over. She is taller than my boys. Lol

Chris I add lemon to my water sometimes. I to struggle with getting my water in. And they seem to put sodium in everything. So what do you think of the Coffee-Meyers upper body workout? Awesome job on your workouts. Of course I think our walks are more the furry guys workouts! Lol. They sure love them. :)

Have a great Monday

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    Got it DONE tonight! My everything is sore from upping my weights for the past couple of days...had to dial it down today,but that's okay. Walked for 52 minutes then did all my challenges for 80 minutes. It rained on me during my walk today! It was cold, windy and thundery...no lightning but a lot of thunder. Cool stuff! Didn't get to 30DS or Coffee-Meyer -- tomorrow.

Shelley, I like her workouts. She doesn't gab like JM does. She counts. She is the reason I'm as sore as I am today.

Drank a ton of water today. I have the day off from work tomorrow...doc appointment smack in the middle of the day. Not going to do the commute than come back to town then go back to work then come home...I'd get lost for sure! Have a doc appointment on Friday, so I took that off too! I should get my exercising done in the morning and walk in the afternoon. We'll see.

Looking for my pillow now...TTYT.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Well at I did our first challenge with 13 burpees. Then I did our new one. Upped most of the weights again. I used 25 for the rows, 15 for the flys and curls. And 12 for the kickbacks. I think I may have kept the rest the same. My notes are at home. Lol. The planks are getting tough. But I liked the mason twists. Might have to increase them.

Tonight I will do our challenge and some more weights.

Got to run, keep drinking your water Chris! Curious what weights made you sore? How long is her workouts?

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    You are doing killer on your workout! So, you are doing the 13 burpee challenge X2 and our new challenge once? Are you still doing 30DS? I have one more day of Level 1. She is so annoying!

This is very sad after reading your post!! I couldn't complete our challenge yesterday with 8 pound weights. I had to go to the 5's about half way through it. Her Upper Body workout is 30-32 minutes. Her Lower Body is 25-27 minutes. Every exercise is done using weights. I should be able to go back to the 8's tomorrow. It would be nice if I had some 6 & 7s. Must go to Sports Authority and see what they have.

I did our 15 burpee challenge this morning, 30DS L1D9, and Coffee-Meyers Lower Body Workout, and three mini challenges. I still have to do my walk. I'll take off for that in about an hour.

My day was great. Makes me think real hard about retiring!! Maybe in two or three years!! Water consumption is still up there as the salt leaves my body! The scale is coming down.

Have a great Tuesday! Back to work tomorrow.

Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    I did both our challenges yesterday twice. I had been a slug all weekend and needed it. :) I only do the Jillian once in a while, no time. Just finished the 15 burpee challenge, twice. I did triceps pushups on the burpees to change it up a little. I so wish I could retire, hate my new Sgt. But she might mellow, hopefully.

I don't think they have six pound hand weights. I used to just add two small weights together for that added boost. You might try adding a one pound, or two with your five. Hopefully your hands are big enough.

Your coffee Meyer sounds fun. Might have to try it. :) And I quit sweating yesterday during the second half of the new challenge. I drank alot more water today. Glad the scale is moving again for you. And you are killing your workouts. Enjoy your walk. :)

Off to the store now for fish food.

--Shelley
  • lemonhead66
    lemonhead66 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies...
    I have really missed checking in with you. I had a great time camping with family and friends and enjoying the outdoors. While I wasn't able to do our challenges I did do a lot of walking, some hiking that included hills, rocks and mud and really had fun. Just wish it hadn't been so cold.

I was able to get to class to day and I had a great burn, unfortunately I think I now have a sinus infection that is pulling me down, I have now been sick for a full week. I'm not a happy girl right now.

I am excited that you are adding weight and getting stronger every day.

Chris - I love the sore feeling i get after lifting...lets me know I did a good job.
    Shelley - Planks are tough especially when increasing the time, but they are o so good for the core.

I'm hitting the bed early tonight to try and kick this sinus issue.

Jennifer
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Hi Jennifer, hope you are feeling better today. :) I feel that the pushups in the first challenge was weight also. Curious how much I can bench now....might have to find out. :) Sounds like your camping trip was a big success. That is awesome. And yes, I like warmer weather for camping.

I did the second challenge tonight. Did it just like Monday, accept for the mason (Russian) twist. I grabbed my 7 pound kettlebell and held it the entire time. Loved it, but will use the 10 pound next time. So going to add weights to this exercise for next week. :) using the 25 pound dumbbell for the bent over rows is awesome. But I can tell I will either need to use a bar soon for more weight or load up my hand bar. I feel I can get more out of doing each arm individually, lots more range of movement than a bar allows.

Anyways I hope you all had a great day. Oh, I picked some hyacinths from my garden, they smell wonderful. And it has been to cold for bugs. Perfect!

Night all.

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    Jennifer, Hope you're feeling better.

Shelley, I've been doing the mason's with a 4 pound medicine ball. I just scrounged up an 8 pound, double-fisted core ball that I'll start using tomorrow. I could use the hand weights for that matter. hmmmm, what a novel idea! I did find some 6 pound hand weights at Target. I used them in today's workout. They got to me during the second round.

I did our challenge, walked four miles in 60 minutes and did a few small challenges. I didn't get to 30DS or Coffee-Meyer. Saving them for Friday!!

Tomorrow is my REST DAY! I'm going to Sports Authority to see what they have.

Have a great Thursday!

Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Hope you had a great rest day. :) I like how you are using more weights. Medicine ball, awesome. Six pound dumbbells. Lol, what will they come up with next. I missed my work out today. :( My boys met me at the gate and were so happy to see me. Lots of hugs and pent up energy. I caved, took them to the park and walked them for around 35 minutes. We ran into a friend of mine who works for homeland security and walked with him and his dogs. One is a great Dane. Lol, my little guys really got a workout keeping up with them. I had to carry Oscar part of the time. He just gets so winded. It was a bit chilly. But fun.

I am betting that within a month's time you won't even believe you ever had to struggle with six pounds! :) You are getting so strong!

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    I bet your boys had a grad time! I saw a guy walking his huge dog yesterday. The dog came up to the guys hip! The dog was a monster. He'd have to have his own room in the house...or need half the garage. I imagine a great Dane is big like that. I don't know that I've ever seen one in person. You know, to shake and make friends with and stuff!! You have an interesting job and know interesting people who have cool pups! Makes me miss Bean.

I ended up making a couple of soups tonight. I'm off work tomorrow...personal necessity...so I'll get things done early. Me and my sixers!!! bwahahahah! I made that up! Then we'll see what the day holds.

I'm looking forward to the day I can pick up a 12 pound weight with one hand. You asked if I had a bar with weighs on the ends. I do. It's not real heavy but Pat figured out how to add weight to it fairly easy.

Well, I'm going to skip down the hall in search of my pillow...not really...I don't skip!!

Talk to you tomorrow. Have a great Friday!
    Chris
  • cpanus
    Options
    Did the 15 burpee challenge this afternoon, a few other little challenges, 30DS L1D10! Coffee-Meyer's Upper Body workout and then I walked with Bean for 35 mins. The sun is too brutal on him to keep him out any longer. It is a gorgeous day though.

I went to Sports Authority today...no 7 pound weights. They had 12 & 15 pound medicine balls ...the one with the hand grips on both sides, but they wanted $65 for the 15 and that just shocked me...I left without buying anything...still shocked. I have to check that out.

I'll do our new challenge tomorrow along with 30DS L2D1 and probably end up on the couch drooling! I'm up for it, though! Time for a change!

Hope your Friday was terrific!
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    I know they make seven pounders, I have a set. Hand weights are the most versatile. That and a set of the short bars that you add weights to. The only disadvantage my set has is that you have to screw on the part that holds the weights on. Takes to long.

I did the 15 burpee challenge today also. I am doing it faster. Love that. Then tonight those brown eyed boys wanted to go for another walk. They already went with their dad this morning. :) You need a large umbrella for Bean. Keep the sun off. And sandals. :)

That does sound like a lot for a medicine ball. And they are not that versatile. Have you tried Kmart or Wal-Mart? Even Target sales weights. A nice set for beginners would include 5's, 7's, 10's, 12's, and 15's. For women anyways. I have these plus 20's, & 25's. They really started getting expensive after that. But I also have several bars, and lots of plates. And last year I bought my kettle bells. They are nice, but I use the bar and hand weights still the most. I think I paid around $100 for a nice 5 pound bar that came with around 80 pounds of plates. I even managed to find baby plates. I call them that because they are only 1.25 pounds each! So cute. I bought two sets. I use them for when my daughter does body pump with me. I have a number of instructor DVD' s for that class. They also come in handy to put different weights on each for quicker changes. Keep in mind how long I have been doing this. I didn't get them all at once.

Great Danes are known as the gentle giants for a reason. My little Joey loves them. And they are so tall.. :)

So that is your goal. To pick up a 12 pounder with one hand? So very attainable. You should weigh your bar. Pat is great to have figured that out for you. So we are working towards your goal of 12 pounds, you are so going to get there soon. Not sure what mine will be. I need to see what I can bench now. Maybe make my goal that and plus 20 pounds.

So have a great challenge with your Sixers tomorrow. :p. Try the tens for the rows. Even if you get five that would be awesome.

Gotta run, sorry for the novel. Have a great day.

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Well today was productive. We did a large partial change of water in the marine aquarium. I have been having trouble with the ph and nitrates for a couple of months. Some of our more sensitive corals have been dying. Well I finally had a light come on. I did a complete water test of a freshly made gallon of salt water. It was all off! I had had been making extra water changes thinking that would fix whatever was wrong! Really upsets me to find out that it was the bucket of Kent reef salt causing the problems all this time. So new bucket, different brand. Will still need to make a few more changes to get everything back to normal. But feeling so much better now.

Well I need to get out next week's updated challenges. Be looking for it.

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    Glad you found the solution to your solution problem! bwahahah! See what happens when I exercise for over an hour? Sorry...

I'm glad everything will be okay with your fish tank.

Bean and I walked this morning, and I exercised this afternoon. Now all I want to do is go sleep! I did 30DS L2D1 after our workout and the weights just got heavier and heavier, so when I got to Coffee-Meyer, I was pitiful! But I got it all done!

The kids came for Bean and stayed a little bit. They're coming over tomorrow just to hang out with us for Mother's Day. Do you have plans for tomorrow? I'll walk w/Sara and Bean in the morning, but I'm not sure how the day will play out.

Your Saturday sounds like it turned out great. I hope your Sunday is as terrific!

TTYS
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    I am not sure what we are doing tomorrow. Everyone is being secretive. Lol. Anyway did you notice that I had wrote two posts before yours? I wrote you a small book. Lol. Solution problem, Lol

Sounds like you had a great workout, terrific. You are on your way to being to lift them twelvers! :) Love your walk. Walking is like the perfect end to any day.

Well dinner is calling. Have a great day tomorrow.

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    I'm sorry, I had go take a nap!! I could not keep my eyes open.

Tomorrow should be totally fun and full of surprises if nobody's saying anything to you!

I enjoyed your novel! I knew you had been doing this for a while from some of your early responses. My weight set fits into a small box with the exception of the bar that Pat's fixed up. I have 3's & 5's at work for the days I'm able to sneak something in and a set of 3,4,5,6 & 8's in the family room where I do my workout. Pat has some in the garage where he works out...I think the 10's & 12's are out there. We just got a new piece of workout equipment. I don't know what it's called but on one side there is a pull up bar at the top and at the bottom there are hand holds for push ups. On the other side there are pads for your forearms and handles to hold while you pull up your legs for ab work. It's pretty cool. Pat's been working out on that. My bench is out there and the barbell. When we finish unpacking the garage there will be a nice workout area. I have a few days off next month when the kids go to Disneyland and we puppysit Bean that I plan to finish unpacking the boxes out there.

I used the 8's for my rows and curls then went to the 6's. I went to the 8's during 30DS for a bit and then it was 4's & 6's after that.

Target is where I found the 6's. I look every time I go in there. Haven't tried Wal-Mart or Kmart...good idea.

Yes, I think my goal is to get to 12's. I think your goal is pretty awesome!

Someone should invent a puppy umbrella. It's long ... shaped like a hot dog cut in half length-wise. It fastens around their front shoulders and mid section. The only problem is that they couldn't run very well with it or lie down easily, but it would be good for running through the sprinklers and keeping the sun off!

Bean and I walk over at the elementary school that is all fenced in so I can take him off leash. The first 10 minutes or so he's racing through the grass, sniffing and smelling every little thing. Chasing birds and lizards. Looking for squirrels and owls. Of course the squirrels and owls see him first off and are long gone by the time he's sniffing at their burrows. He's pretty funny when it's sunny and hot...he heads for the shade. He'll trot to the shady area and wait until I catch up and pass him before he joins me again. He was walking in my shadow for a long time this morning. I'm only keeping him out there about 30 minutes. I can tell when he's done. There are days that I will take an umbrella with me. I wear a hat, but the sun gets too hot. I imagine I'm a pretty funny sight...walking as fast as I can, head down watching the sidewalk, one arm pumping, sweat dripping from everywhere...and my pink umbrella!!!

Well, I think I need some frozen yogurt and a good book...Robert Crais' SUSPECT...almost finished...excellent!

Have a wonderful Mother's Day!

TTYT
    Chris