Grandma needs help!

Options
grandmafish6
grandmafish6 Posts: 5 Member
Hi everyone, here I am on the 60+ board and want to succeed this time.....been off and on for a few times - need to keep motivated with weight loss friends --- together we can. Love to hear from you.

Replies

• californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Hi grandmafish. welcome. You are in the right place. We have weekly exercises also. I just posted them this morning. Hope you will join us? And yes, together we can do this! Good luck to you.
  • rbeckner711
    rbeckner711 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    This is a good place to be. I always enjoy the weekly exercises and the good company to help me on my path. Welcome :flowerforyou:
  • uwharriegold
    Options
    I totally get the "been off and on for a few times" ... been there so many times. I joined MFP in January, deciding that this time it is about more than looks -- it's about my health and my fitness level now and for the rest of my life. I've seen too many family and friends develop health problems that were nearly 100% lifestyle related. This is shortening their lives and in many cases greatly reducing the quality of their lives. For about 2 weeks, I have been very slack and ... well, the "old me" would have given up by now, but NOT THIS TIME! I have MFP and my small group of friends who helped reel me back in. This is a good place to be if you are truly committed to reaching your goals!. All the best!:wink:
  • ranchmimi
    ranchmimi Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the MFP again - and hopefully this time you'll stay! At 75 I can totally relate to your on again off again eating program! This is a great site for motivation - just reading the success stories on the community board helps me to realize it can be done! And when I reach a plateau I start looking for what's happening and usually I can find out! The older we get the harder it is to lose - sometimes painfully so - but when it does come off even in little bits it is very satisfying! The exercises on here are really good - I am in a Sit & Be Fit class at our local gym and it has really helped - not only my arthritis but also my waistline! If you want to sign me up as a friend you can do so!
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Welcome to this lovely group....... good luck with your new lifestyle......... :flowerforyou:

Jean
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I totally get the "been off and on for a few times" ... been there so many times. I joined MFP in January, deciding that this time it is about more than looks -- it's about my health and my fitness level now and for the rest of my life. I've seen too many family and friends develop health problems that were nearly 100% lifestyle related. This is shortening their lives and in many cases greatly reducing the quality of their lives. For about 2 weeks, I have been very slack and ... well, the "old me" would have given up by now, but NOT THIS TIME! I have MFP and my small group of friends who helped reel me back in. This is a good place to be if you are truly committed to reaching your goals!. All the best!:wink:

Wow! I need to post this on my refrig - this needs to be my thinking. You are so right on!
  • sspahn49
    sspahn49 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You are right on, when you view this journey as a health improvement instead of a vanity issue, I think it really makes a difference. I have been up and down for many years and decided when my daughter had twins that I really wanted to be around to see them grow what better motivation. My husband and I have also lost a few friends to life related health issues, at 63 years old it becomes a reality. Stay here at MFP, this is a great group. Good luck, you can do this.
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I'll add my welcome to all the rest. This really is a good group with lots of encouragement and the chat page is just plain fun.

Personally, I think of this as a lifelong journey to better health and fitness. I have 4 grandchildren I want to watch grow up. I admit I do get discouraged at times, but this group is always there to help me feel better about myself.

So welcome and good luck on your journey.
  • VickiDiane22
    VickiDiane22 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm 63 and been on MFP since Jan 31, 2013 I love I'll send you a friend request so you can add me. I'm on every day. Getting ready to have knee replacement surgery Mon. May 20. so I may not be on for a few days next week but will be back on when I get home.
    You will love MFP.
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I'm 63 and been on MFP since Jan 31, 2013 I love I'll send you a friend request so you can add me. I'm on every day. Getting ready to have knee replacement surgery Mon. May 20. so I may not be on for a few days next week but will be back on when I get home.
    You will love MFP.

Good luck on Monday with the surgery. I had mine done 9 years ago and it was a piece of cake. Hope you have as much success with yours as I did. Will keep good thoughts for you.