How many calories do you eat?

Options
tartsul
tartsul Posts: 298 Member
After reading the book, I realized I needed to be eating more. It's crazy how it's so tough to get your mind wrapped around it after we've been told over and over to eat less. I've recently upped my calories and also started paying way more attention to my macros. How many calories do you typically eat while on NROL4W?

I just started the program last week and I am loving it so far! I am amazed at how much it makes me sweat! Can't wait for my next workout!

Replies

• Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    When I was counting calories while on the program, 1900 on non lifting days and 2100 on lifting days. I don't count anymore, just eat when I'm hungry.
  • jenstanley13
    jenstanley13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have my goal set at 1799; it is 1788 per Scooby's TDEE calculator (link below) for maintaining weight but this is the lowest of any of the TDEE calculators so I just set that as my max. Per the books calculator I should be eating 2254 on workout days and 1989 on non-workout days to maintain...I was staying close to MFP recommendation of 1200 before starting this program so I decided that the jump up to 2000 was too much for me and I am staying full and getting the majority of my protein on 1799; plus I have actually dropped around 1.5 pounds a week since starting the higher calorie intake. If I am hungry I eat more but I usually am able to stay very satisfied at the 1799 goal.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • lodicox7
    lodicox7 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to keep around 2150 on lifting days and 1900 or so on off days. I've gone over on a couple days and I've actually been losing a fair bit of weight at the moment. I eat about 1g of protein per pound of lean body mass daily (so 120g for me).

I'm finding that eating more frequently and cutting down on processed stuff packed full of sodium is helping a ton!
  • cphaneuf16
    cphaneuf16 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I also use Scooby's calculator as well as another one for determining TDEE and aim for that minus 20%. It ends up being 1700 on non workout days, and 1900 on workout days. I aim for around 35% protein or more, too.
  • agbaeb
    agbaeb Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Ok, all these numbers are pre-pregnancy (although I have to admit I'm sticking pretty close to these numbers still.)

I figured out with all the working out I am doing that at 5'2.5" and 120 lbs, these were my numbers:

TDEE - 2327
    So, I allowed a 15% deficit and that gave me 1978 a day.

Edited to add:

I eat that much every day whether or not I work out because pre-pregnancy, I was working out 5-6 days a week faithfully and on weekends, I have a harder time eating as much (We tend to snack more than eat full meals, so my calories are lower than 1978 a few days here and there). Now, I'm pregnant and eating 1978 a day and working out 5 days a week. I bump my calories up as needed.