Worst Beer

Options
2»

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    hmm, I usually like the fruity ones, but I can see that.
  • robdel302
    robdel302 Posts: 292 Member
    Options

Some are good, I love a hefeweizen. But if the aftertaste is to prominent it doesn't suit my palate. Although I've been told putting a little fresh fruit like an orange slice kills that flavor that fruity beers are notorious for. Apparently this is very common in Euirope and I'm not sure if it's esters or butyric but will have to try it sometime.
  • AlistairBernardNormal
    AlistairBernardNormal Posts: 989 Member
    Options

Some are good, I love a hefeweizen. But if the aftertaste is to prominent it doesn't suit my palate. Although I've been told putting a little fresh fruit like an orange slice kills that flavor that fruity beers are notorious for. Apparently this is very common in Euirope and I'm not sure if it's esters or butyric but will have to try it sometime.

Hefeweizen. Dunkelweizen. Us Germans brew some kickass beers!

My sister mixes the Sam Adams Cherry Wheat with some Woodchuck Hard Cider and that actually takes some of the weird fruitiness away.
  • erindh87
    erindh87 Posts: 94
    Options
    The worst beer I've ever tasted was the Well's Banana Bread beer. I couldn't handle more than one sip before giving it to a friend to finish.

A close runner-up is a Jalapeno beer that is brewed by a small brewpub in Columbia, MO. I got it for free when they accidentally made an extra. If I remember correctly, the description was "liquid enchilada".