Peanuts...so good, but so bad! Not fair!

Options
Tuesday4422
Tuesday4422 Posts: 56 Member
So I cheated these last two days by eating a cocktail peanuts.....and now I'm paying for it with upset tummy. It's been over a year since I had peanuts and I guess my body did not take it well.

Has this happened to anyone else???

Replies

• AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    It wasn't with peanuts, but after just 2 1/2 weeks on Paleo (plus dairy), I had an english muffin with breakfast and it ruined my day. Lesson learned. I view most non-paleo foods as I would poison.
  • nancik1
    nancik1 Posts: 24
    Options
    I have been working my way toward being primal, but Sat. was a friends son's bday party...there was pizza, I ate because breakfast was wearing off and I needed something but omg I paid for it sat. night and sunday. Got groceries today and will be back on track.
  • MelanieSpicegurl
    MelanieSpicegurl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I have been trying hard to stay NO GRAINS .. it' was about 6 weeks of hardly any..
    Had Tortilla Chips for Nacho's a couple weeks ago , and OMG .. within an hour I had a really bad headache and upset tummy .. I think we really do react to things that are bad for us .. I just never knew that the food I ate was the reason I felt soooo crappy for so many years .. I seriously changed my whole life by starting to eat better !
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I have been working my way toward being primal, but Sat. was a friends son's bday party...there was pizza, I ate because breakfast was wearing off and I needed something but omg I paid for it sat. night and sunday. Got groceries today and will be back on track.

I just eat the toppings off pizza now, and toss the crust.
    I just never knew that the food I ate was the reason I felt soooo crappy for so many years .. I seriously changed my whole life by starting to eat better !

My reaction is to wheat - I never knew I had an intolerance until I had eliminated it and then "cheated". But wheat seems to be the culprit for many of my issues: acid reflux (that I took medicine for 7 years to help), eczema, IBS/bloating, etc. Now I feel yucky and sometimes get headaches from it.