veggie quiches

Options
Tme2change
Tme2change Posts: 185 Member
This recipe was modified from Kids in the kitchen I am by no means taking full credit for this recipe, I modified to my taste however.
Veggie Quiches
4 chopped organic mushrooms (I prefer portabellos)
1 sliced organic red bell pepper
1 sliced green bell pepper
1 sliced yellow bell pepper
¼ Sm organic onions
1 10oz pkg frozen chopped organic spinach, thawed
1 cup free range egg whites ( approximate 6 eggs worth)
1 tbsp olive oil
½ tsp salt (or to taste) I probably use ¼ tsp of sea salt
½ tsp pepper
¼ shredded organic cheddar cheese
Serves 12- 1 quiche each

1. Preheat oven to 350* degrees. Coat a twelve muffin cups with canola spray. Chop, mushrooms, bell peppers and onion.
2. Sautee over medium-high heat mushrooms, bell peppers and onion until onion is translucent this makes them more sweet (original recipe does not call for this step I added it in)- remove from heat set aside and let cool for a few minutes
3. Squeeze and drain spinach until as dry as possible.
4. Combine chopped veggies and spinach with egg whites salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. Mix well with a wooden spoon. Scoop with a ¼ cup of egg and veggie mixture into prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle eache with some cheese. Bake 20 minutes or until quiche are puffed and light brown, and a table knife inserted into the center of the quiche comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes.

Replies

• kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    1/4 what on the cheese? 1/4 cup probably?

I try and eat eggs once a week. I really don't like them, but Tosca Reno does. Loading them up with veggies like this makes them go down easier.
  • Tme2change
    Tme2change Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    yes I apologize 1/4 cup
  • Terry903
    Terry903 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy! Thank you for the quiche recipe! I will try it this weekend. I am trying to only eat food I can identify, and have started to make more food at home instead of prepared or eating out.
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    No apology needed. I twinkle finger things all the time.