Coffee Help

Options
CurvyKatieA
CurvyKatieA Posts: 2 Member
Hello,

I'm starting the LCHF diet today however I have a HUGE problem. I NEED my coffee in the morning and not just any coffee mind you. Wonderful coffee with flavored creamer. WHAT DOES A GIRL DO?! I can do without bread and rice and carbs for a lifetime, but what do you replace for your flavored creamers that are completely fake and very unhealthy and loaded with sugars?? Sniff sniff.

Replies

• RachelxxRi
    RachelxxRi Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am new to LCHF too, but I start my day off with coffee mixed with 1 T heavy whipping cream, 1 T extra virgin coconut oil, & 1/2 a sweet n low packet. I use a hand blender to mix it all up so my coconut oil doesn't float to the top. It's really satisfying, creamy and yummy.
  • kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Lots of options here.

1) Heavy cream. Add some sweetener (if you need it). For a little extra flavor, add 1-3 teaspoons of unsweetened cocoa powder to create kind of a mocha.

2) Heavy cream. Buy Sugar Free Torani Syrup, or Sugar Free DaVinci syrup. So many options. I like doing the mocha above, with a syrup like vanilla, raspberry, hazlenut. Check the coffee aisle at the grocery store. Most carry a few of these.

3) Bulletproof Coffee. Lots of previous threads on this. My version is: 12 oz coffee, 1 tbsp coconut oil, 1 1/2 tbsp kerry gold unsalted butter, 1/2 tbsp - 1 tbsp cocoa powder, sweetener to taste. Mix thoroughly. Aerolatte is recommended for mixing. (see Amazon or Bed Bath and Beyond). We also will add a little of the Torani / DaVinci syrups to mix these up.
  • GabyBaby916
    GabyBaby916 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I keep hearing about Bulletproof coffee but have yet to try it.
    I'm more of a tea drinkier, but when I do drink coffee, I like it sweet (but strong). This Bulletproof thing sounds intriguing....
  • wmagoo27
    wmagoo27 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    low carb protein powder
  • CurvyKatieA
    CurvyKatieA Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I researched the bulletproof coffee for almost an entire day lol. I'm hoping it works because I just ordered a bunch of stuff for it. Fingers crossed!! :)
  • LowCarb4Life
    Options
    I am a coffee fiend and really enjoy pure extracts in my coffee. My fav is vanilla but you can use whatever appeals to you...Rum, Almond etc Spice shops sometimes carry essential oils and flavorings too that are free of all sweeteners. Some people like the sugar free syrups but I find them too bland so I go for the extracts. Be careful of "sugar free" creamers, they are tempting but end up adding lots of unwanted carbs. Better to experiment with your own sweeteners and find what doesn't trigger you or hinder your keto-adaptation (liquid stevia, liquid splenda, erythritol, xylitol etc). The liquid ones eliminate the carbs you will get from buying granulated forms.
    I love BulletProof coffee. I use 2Tblsp heavy cream, 2T butter, salt, vanilla, 8-10oz strong coffee. Some people use coconut oil but I prefer butter. Some people use all heavy cream (4Tbsp). The oil tends to be the most ketogenic of the 3. BulletProof coffee doesn't sound like much but once you are keto-adapted it surprisingly fills you up. The added fat will totally satisfy you like a high-fat creamer would. There are other coffee variations you can find through Dana Carpenders free websites and Ebook "Fat Fast Cookbook". Laura Dolsons free website also has good suggestions. Some lowcarb docs used to warn against coffee but my lowcarb doc does not. Go for it. Good luck.
  • dragonfly130
    Options
    International Delight makes sugar free creamer. It's not amazing, but it's decent once you get used to it.