May Insanity Daily Check-in Log

Options
giusa
giusa Posts: 577 Member
Daily Check-in Log…hoping we can use this thread for each of us (or should I say "me") to check in on a regular basis. Use this as a tool to help us (or me, lol) to stand accountable for daily workouts.

As a way to “share” our pain…I mean progress ;-)

Replies

• heathermerrill1
    heathermerrill1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello! Today is the rest day of my first week.
    I will be weighing tomorrow to see if I have lost anything.
    I'm not going to lie, this first week was tough. I already hate Plyo Cardio Circuit.
    I need to take longer breaks than the 30 seconds, but I hope that each week gets a little easier.
  • giusa
    Options
    Rest Day Today. Start Month 1, Week 2 tomorrow morning, not sure how its going to play out, my first morning workout before leaving for work. It usually takes me a little while to get myself together…don't know how I'm going to get myself off the floor and in the shower in time to get to work, lol!

Heather, you’re braver than me. I'm waiting till the end of the first month for a weigh in.
  • giusa
    Options
    Is anyone else having trouble keeping up with the Level 1 & Level 2 Drills? They finish 3 sets and I’m still working on my first!

My biggest struggle seems to be endurance. I can’t even get thru the warm-up, lol.
  • heathermerrill1
    Options
    oh yeah, definitely not just you. that is why I keep my remote so handy so I can pause, catch my breath and catch up to where they are. but it builds endurance the more you do it.
  • MelissaOnPurpose
    MelissaOnPurpose Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, I can totally relate! :) The one constant thing I have heard about Insanity is that it builds endurance. It has helped people become better runners. That is not on my list...I just want to lose weight! :) How about you?
  • heathermerrill1
    Options
    No I am not a runner, nor do I aspire to. I much prefer walking
  • MelissaOnPurpose
    Options
    No I am not a runner, nor do I aspire to. I much prefer walking

Yeah, me not so much either. However, I would like to run a 5K...Other than that, NO! :) I see a woman running in our neighborhood every morning and I'm always thinking, 'more power to ya.' ;)
  • MelissaOnPurpose
    Options
    Day 5...But we're off schedule by a day so today was Cardio Recovery for us. We'll be back to the regular schedule on Monday.

Thoughts for today...I cannot wait to get through this w/o stopping. It's tough and oh were my legs BURNING!!! As of right now, I cannot do (oh shoot! I forgot the name of the exercise) where you're on all fours, go up on tip toes, and push leg back. Do you know which one I'm talking about? Anyways, I can only hold myself up right now and then not even for the whole stinkin time b/c my quads are burning so darn bad!!!
  • MelissaOnPurpose
    Options
    Day 6...Pure Cardio for us. Holy cow...is all I have to say! :)
  • giusa
    Options
    For some reason my “life” won't allow me to commit, I'm going to have to be more focused and not let “life” get in the way of my goal!
  • swaldron13
    swaldron13 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    :( Work got crazy last week and I totally fell off. Missed all of last weeks workouts. I'm so mad at myself and don't know how to SNAP OUT OF IT. and focus on just doing better this week :(
  • heathermerrill1
    Options
    I missed Friday (plyo), Saturday (recovery), Sunday (power & resistance)...
    so I worked out this morning (power & resistance) and will again tomorrow (probably plyo?) since tomorrow is supposed to be my rest day, but I rested enough this weekend.
    then I will start week three on Wednesday with the fit test. Anxious to see if I have improved at all...
    It feels a little easier but that could just all be in my mind!
  • giusa
    Options
    It was really rough getting back into the swing of things after only 2 days!!!
  • swaldron13
    Options
    Well I got back at it last night. Unfortunately, didn't get to do my workout until 9pm, but I got it done :) PURE CARDIO tonight :) Come on guys, we can do it! :)
  • kariandtc
    kariandtc Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm on my 2nd week, 2nd day. The routines are definitely a lot easier to complete now compared to the first day. I've noticed that my body is getting stronger already. The first time doing Plyo Cardio, I couldn't keep up with the warm ups and skipped most of the push-ups. Last night, I was able to do most of the push-ups and pretty much kept up with the routines. And yes, it would be harder to get back on track if you miss a couple of workouts. I wouldn't allow myself to stop except for Sunday. I didn't even skip my Saturday workout even though I couldn't do it until after midnight. That's discipline that I didn't know I have. The support and motivation that I get from all of you really helps me keep going. Thanks all!
  • swaldron13
    Options
    I am on week 2, day 3 today once I get home from work. I completely agree. I was shocked last night at how well I did on the 'total cardio'. Compared to the previous time that I did it, it was a world of difference. I can finally get all the way through the warmup. And find myself keeping pace with most, where as before, I was doing it much slower and with a hefty amount of modifications. :)

LET'S KEEP IT UP.
  • heathermerrill1
    Options
    Day 15.
    I haven't lost a single ounce since starting this program, which is somewhat discouraging.
    However, I do show progress in the fit test:

May 1/May 15
    Switch Kicks: 50/98 (not sure how I counted on day one, because this increase seems ridiculous to me... )
    Power Jacks: 41/45
    Power Knees: 66/75
    Power Jumps: 33/40
    Globe Jumps: 8/10
    Suicide Jumps: 17/20
    Push-Up Jacks: 11/16
    Obliques: 25/30 (each side)

Hope the next two weeks to show some progress on the scale.
  • kariandtc
    kariandtc Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    We've been told many times not to focus on weight loss, that's just a number. We should focus on our overall health and appearance. Muscles weigh more than fat. So you may weigh more even though you are slimming down. Your fit test says it all. You're definitely in better shape than before. Keep it up! : )
  • swaldron13
    Options
    GREAT JOB!! Wait til you compare the beginning to the end results!
  • giusa
    Options
    Day 19/63

Cardio Power and Resistance
    Not a good workout. Could barely get the workout in. My body wouldn't cooperate with me!

Was tempted to check the scale. Not going to! Promised myself to wait till recovery week and I'll also check body fat %.