Weight lifting

Options
Hello, I'm about to start weight lifting to get a bikin comp body. I'm a lil nervous on how much I should attempt to lift on my dirt few days of training. I have a workout plan but how much I should be lifting Is not mentioned. Any pointers or advice in this topic would help. I'm getting butterflies about walking into the gym.

Replies

• Annaruthus
    Annaruthus Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    It really depends on what your rep ranges are, and what you are physically capable of lifting. For instance, when I first started working out, I curled the 20 pound barbell for 8-10 reps. It has been a few years now, and I can curl the 40 pound barbell for 8-10 reps. See what I mean?

No matter your rep ranges, you should always maintain good form. If the weight you have selected allows you to complete the set without a struggle, select a heavier weight. If the weight you selected causes you to use poor form to complete the set, then you need to use a lighter weight.
  • bluechip777
    bluechip777 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    it's just however much you can lift for the designated number of reps! usually, the last two are really tough so that you can't lift anymore--while maintaining decent form. you'll figure it out quickly!! good luck!