Tracking within my tracking

Options
jadeblack81
jadeblack81 Posts: 27 Member
So today is W7 D2. I would like to get the time of my "mile". I was thinking that I could start and stop a different fitness app (while also running the C25K app & Runtastic) for a mile. As long as I watch it closely, I should be able to get something close, but I'm wondering if there's an easier way?

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Does Runtastic let you look at the splits?
  • jadeblack81
    Options
    I don't know what a split is :-) I think Runtastic does quite a bit and would work fine...if I was strictly running. I also have SportsTracker on my phone, so I might try using that in the background during the 25 minutes of running today.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    You can turn on the voice feature in runtastic and it will call out your mile time while you run. And in runtastic, if you go back and look at your old recording, they have your splits...splits are your mile times.
  • jadeblack81
    Options
    I can see my mile times, but that includes my walking. I'd like to see how fast I can run (slow jog at this point ????) a mile.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Hmm. I use Endomondo to track runs, so I set up intervals where I (say) walk for a 1/4 mile then run four miles then walk a 1/4 mile. Endomondo shows me the splits for each of the intervals so I can see that I walked a 20 minute mile, then did the first two miles at 11:30, the second two miles at 13 and then 20 minutes for the last mile.

I can also look at the route I ran and select a certain point to see how fast I was going at that point (though I doubt that's accurate)

You might want to ask your question on the Happy Feet runner's board, since people will be more familiar with Runtastic over there. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/64-happy-feet-runners-unite-