wondering if my rmr test is actually correct.

Options
aliciab307
aliciab307 Posts: 370 Member
Ok so amylahminute's thread prompt me to post about this.

I'm confused and wondering if my rmr test is actually correct.

The morning I went to take my rmr test I hadn't exercised for over 24 hours and did not drink or eat for about 11 hours prior to the test. I laid down and rested for the test for about 20-30 minutes with very minimal movement.

rmr came back 1683, bodpod 32.6% bf and 33.8% bioelectrical I weighed in with clothes at 184, that morning without clothes I weighed 182.8.

I entered my rmr into the spreadsheet and it indicated that my bodyfat is either higher or rmr is suppressed. I know that bf is not higher as my measurements indicate about the same bodyfat tested at the lab so that leaves me with rmr being suppressed. It's hard to believe that 1683 rmr could be a suppressed rmr.
I've been at reset for almost 6 weeks and wanted to cut soon and more importantly change up my exercise routine but now I'm unsure if my estimated tdee is even correct or what should I do. I was eating 2200 and 2450 and my weight was stable at both intakes. When I cut I will start insanity and my cut will be at 2300. I just don't want to cut and not lose weight.

Replies

• Bettyeditor
    Bettyeditor Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Was the the RMR test that you got a few weeks back? If so, maybe you should test again?

I wish I had tested right before my reset, but I will for sure schedule another test to coincide with end of my reset before I do any changes like cutting 15%.
  • aliciab307
    Options
    Actually I may be freaking out and read the info incorrectly. I think Heybales said if the bf % is within the 5% margin of error then it is fine. According to spreadsheet my rmr by the cunningham form is 1719 vs my tested of 1683. Then it reports my bodyfat to be 35.1 and measured at that time was 33.2 so I think it may be ok??
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    That RMR is within the 5% variance that is normal for those based on LBM.

5% lower would be 1633, so higher than that. I wouldn't call it suppressed.

And as you noticed, it's also within the margin of error for the Bodpod, only 1.9%.

So take a combo of the 2 variances without there being an issue - you are good.

RMR is well within range expected for your tested LBM.

Of course, it's always a bummer that it's not higher.
  • aliciab307
    Options
    Thank you!