W5D2 vs. W5D3

Options
silverbelle69
silverbelle69 Posts: 14 Member
Sorry if this has been asked before.

If I am reading this correctly, W5D2 has me jogging 8 minutes straight.....but W5D3 has me jogging 20 minutes without walking?? And then W6D1 goes back to intervals? The 8 minute jogs were a challenge for me this morning. Not sure how I will be jogging 20 minutes straight on Thursday.

Then again, I have been intimidated by every single day, but have accomplished them all so far.

Thoughts?

Replies

• Veslus
    Veslus Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I know it seems crazy but it's actually not that bad!

Just make sure to go slow and you should be able to get though it just fine. I was worried about it too (it was just last week for me) but I surprised myself when I was able to finish it.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    You are ready to run 20 minutes at a time now and week 5.3 is where you prove it to yourself.

This is exactly the right attitude --> "Then again, I have been intimidated by every single day, but have accomplished them all so far."

Just go slow and see what you can do.

I have theories about going back to intervals on 6.1, but I'm no running coach so it's just speculation.
  • silverbelle69
    Options
    Thanks!!!! :wink:
  • minijag06
    minijag06 Posts: 70
    Options
    I thought the same thing! 8 minutes to 20 minutes? I just did it and didn't stop! Woo Hoo! Granted I did go slow so I could breath!! I feel great!! How did it go for you?
  • silverbelle69
    Options
    I did it!! I am amazed. :tongue:
  • ssizmur
    ssizmur Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am doing w5d3 tonight and am nervous... fingers crossed I can do it!
  • minijag06
    minijag06 Posts: 70
    Options
    You can do it! Just go slow and steady!
  • dmw45
    dmw45 Posts: 73
    Options
    I was scared too but everyone told me if ive been following the program ill be able to do it. Its a mental hurdle. And then they told meto slow down if I was really struggling. You know, that thing about how you should be able to carry on a conversation. I was so proud when I did it. Im on week 8 now and I feel like a "real" runner now. I made it through by repeating to myself, "its a mental hurdle, its a mental hurdle" and knowing that when I finished I coukd come here and say I did it and everyone would be happy for me. You can do jt too!
  • ssizmur
    ssizmur Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I did it! Ran my first 20 minutes last night and it was surprisingly easy...

So proud and it really motivates me to keep going!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    You all are too awesome. I've heard a lot of people say that they gave up at this point. They kept repeating week 4 until they "felt ready" and then just tapered off. Kudos for trusting that you ARE ready even if you don't quite feel it yet!
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I did it!! I am amazed. :tongue:

Way to go! Can't wait until I'm able to say I ran 20 min :D
  • shelleycolton
    shelleycolton Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Hi, i must have a different programme, cause mine is

wk5 D2 = Jog 5mns, Walk 2mns, Jog 8ms, Walk 2ms, Jog 3ms.
    wk5 D3 = Jog 8mns, Walk 2mns, Jog 10mns.

In the programme i'm doing it says the jog 20mns streight at Wk6 Day 3?!

i'm trying to complete week 5, its been mighty tough and i've not made it through yet! Not made it off WK 5 Day 1, done it 3 times, just want to see a lower heart rate! Will challenge myself on Saturday!
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow I finish the program and Sunday is our first 5K. I was the prime offender in the beginning of the "I will NEVER be able to....." but then I decided to trust the program. Just trust the program people. It works and YOU CAN DO IT! I feel like a lot of people repeat days/weeks, because they are afraid to fail. You cannot fail if you are out there doing it! Just keep telling yourself - It works and if it says I can run XXX I can do it!

Awesome work to everyone who is out there doing it! :flowerforyou:
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 5 as well, I completed day 1 & 2 but the 8 minute runs were a real struggle for me. I've had a lot of issues with my breathing & had to actually get a puffer from the doctor as I have exercise induced asthma apparently. I attempted day 3 but couldn't do it. I've decided to restart week 5 and build up some endurance with my breathing & I do see an improvement with every run. I"m going to attempt day3 again on my next run. I'm so inspired by you all. I love seeing "I did it!" HOpefully you'll see mine soon. :smile: