Little help?

Options
iiiEllie
iiiEllie Posts: 224 Member
Been here before, last time I was eating 1350 a day, and losing about 1.5 pounds a week, elliptical 30 mins a day 5x a week.

Stopped logging, gained everything plus a little back.

I came back, tried my 1350 a day again, nothing was changing. I didn't lose a thing, I lost some inches, the back rolls are almost gone. But no pounds.

I'm currently on my elliptical every day for at least 30 mins, I upped my calories to 1550 about two weeks ago to see if that would push a change. But nope, still no weight difference. I eat back some of my exercise calories, not all of them.

I'm 5'2" 220-223 pounds, for the hell of it I tried on my shorts from two years ago, they're size 12, they fit. I was 40 pounds lighter last time those shorts fit my *kitten*. I have a computer job, so I'm sitting on my *kitten* for 8 hours a day.

So, major confusion here, wondering if I should be eating more, eating less?
I log everything that I eat, including condiments when they're used.

I eat crap once and awhile, but I'm not going over my cals, and almost never going over my macros.

Oh yeah, here's this. Picture on the left is from about two weeks after I started watching my cals, picture on the right is from about two weeks ago.

photohax.jpg

Thanks!

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Can you let us know what your weight has done, in weekly increments, over the last 12 weeks.

Also, do you log everything? Condiments, cheat meals etc. Do you weigh and measure your food?
  • iiiEllie
    Options
    I log everything, I weigh everything and round up.

I didn't weigh myself for the first month, after 45 days I was 221, down two pounds from 223.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Tagging
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    What is your activity like? What exercise do you do and how often?
  • iiiEllie
    Options
    Elliptical everyday for at least 30 mins, sometimes 60. High resis, 30 seconds as fast as I can, 30 seconds cooldown for the entire workout. I get a 2 mile walk in any day I can as well.

Since I'm sitting on my *kitten* for at least 8 hours a day, sometimes 10, I try to get moving for the rest of the day/night as soon as I'm done of work.

I added some squats a few days ago, and my boyfriend has started to help me with some weight training.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    How long ago did you start exercising?
  • iiiEllie
    Options
    Just shy of two months now.

I mean theres a visible difference in my body. But I find it really puzzling that no weight is coming off.
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Just shy of two months now.

I mean theres a visible difference in my body. But I find it really puzzling that no weight is coming off.

I went a little over a month and half without losing any weight due to my eating and strength training. I only use weight to see how my body reacts to prior day activities and eating. I track progress by other stats; set/reps/weight for lifting, speed/distance/endurance gain for cardio, and measurements for body.
  • iiiEllie
    Options

I went a little over a month and half without losing any weight due to my eating and strength training. I only use weight to see how my body reacts to prior day activities and eating. I track progress by other stats; set/reps/weight for lifting, speed/distance/endurance gain for cardio, and measurements for body.

Hmm, there is a huge difference in the distance with my elliptical workouts. And before I couldn't walk two miles without feeling like I was dying by the end of it. So there are major improvements with my endurance. I would walk a 25min mile before and now they're 18 min miles.. With my 26" long legs haha.

I just saw weight drop a lot faster last time, so it's been a little alarming so far.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Bumping to get back to the top so we respond tomorrow.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Hi!

So we can be clear as to what has happened with your weight could you let us know your weight and the date when you did weigh yourself as well as when you started strength training as well as when you started doing cardio.
  • iiiEllie
    Options
    55 days ago I weighed 223.

April 30th I weighed in at 220

I started my cardio, elliptical daily for 30 mins 55 days ago, I've missed maybe 4 days out of the 55.
    Started strength training about two weeks ago. Nothing major, just trying to get my arms to tone up.
    I added squats in about a week ago, I've been doing those daily, 50-80 a day.

Weighing myself today I'm 222, even since the end of April I've lost 2" on my waist, 1" on my hips, 0.25" per thigh, 0.25" on my neck.

This time two years ago I was 40 pounds lighter. I had tried my shorts on from that summer last week and they fit completely fine. So I'm puzzled.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Thanks. This is helpful.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    So sorry - just realized that a follow up was missed. Tagging to ensure one of us gets to this tomorrow.
  • iiiEllie
    Options
    Wanted to let you know, weight is the same.

Lost another inch on my waist, hips, 0.25" per thigh, 0.5" per arm.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Wanted to let you know, weight is the same.

Lost another inch on my waist, hips, 0.25" per thigh, 0.5" per arm.

Will respond more fully shortly, but it appears that you have some water/glycogen retention due to the increase in exercise which is masking actual 'real' weight loss..
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    OP:

Sara and I will discuss this one today and get back to you.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Hi!

To get your weight moving in the right direction, we would like you to set your calories at 1,400 with the following macros:

- Protein: 110g
    - Fats: 60g

with the balance where you wish based on preference and energy levels. I realize that these calories appear low, but the fact that you eat out quite a lot means that your calories may be underestimated (it's hard to control and ensure accuracy for example, with how much fat is used to cook). We would also suggest you try to get more fruits and veggies in your diet to help with satiety.

Have you been diagnosed with thyroid issues or PCOS?

Please could you follow up with us in a week with how you are doing, or earlier if you have energy or adherence.
  • iiiEllie
    Options
    Oh man, that's leaves me fairly low carb doesn't it?

Not diagnosed with anything, but I haven't been to a doctor in years. I'm suppose to meet me new doctor in a few weeks though, so I may have him test me for PCOS or thyroid issues.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Oh man, that's leaves me fairly low carb doesn't it?

Not diagnosed with anything, but I haven't been to a doctor in years. I'm suppose to meet me new doctor in a few weeks though, so I may have him test me for PCOS or thyroid issues.

Unfortunately it does. Could you try to increase your non-exercise activity (NEAT). If we start to see your weigh moving due to some increased activity and cleaning up your diet a bit (for better estimates of calories, not because you need to 'eat clean') we can reassess to see if we can bump up a little, depending on how you are doing.

I think asking your doctor would be a good idea just to rule that out.
This discussion has been closed.