The Usual Ups and Downs - Time to tip the scale

Options
rickhuyck
rickhuyck Posts: 9 Member
Hi all
Well since my first post I must admit that I have had some ups and downs. My current goal is to tip the scale into more ups than downs so I can see the scale going down. (Does that make sense? :laugh: )
Anyway, last weekend was a busy one. I ran 5K in the morning and then had to work the remainder of the day. Sunday, we did a 20K run in which I led my group and we did FANTASTIC. I then had to hurry home and prepare to go to a Potluck that the Clinic Instructor was hosting to celebrate the last LONG run before the race on the 19th. With all the runners there I expected that there would be lots of healthy choices but most people after running 20K seemed to have one thing on their mind. Sweets! Now my wife and I brought a Chick Pea salad from a Weight Watcher recipe and I brought a big Costco Cake with 21.1K No Worries! written on it. To my credit I had some Chick Pea salad (because I knew what was in it), some fresh veggies with a little ranch and one biscuit and half a piece of cake. So far the scale looks like this: 5K run - 1 Up 20K run - that's 2 Up, watching what I eat at a Potluck - that is 3 Up. OK good start.
Later that day we had a family birthday party for my wife. We went to a Chinese Restaurant. I won't list what I ate but let's just say - 1 down. Then we went to a movie and ordered Popcorn. Ate too much - 2 down. So for the weekend 3 Up 2 Down. And the scale says - No change. Hmmmmm.
Anyway, I have not tracked since Friday and will start that again immediately. Trying to lose a few pounds between now and the 19th to make the race a little easier. Trying to make those permanent changes I need to make to shed the weight and live healthier. I wish it was as easy as quitting smoking (which I did 15 years ago) or starting running. (Not that either of those things are easy but compared to losing weight, no contest.)
So, I am going to just try and occasionly report here my ups and downs just to try and be honest with myself.
Thanks again for listening.
Rick

Replies

• jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Interesting to read your Ups and Downs today.......my day was ok.......managed my usual walking and then had an appointment with a dental surgeon which may well result in surgery in a couple of months...that will stop me eating for a couple of days I guess!

After that I went for lunch and enjoyed a glass of Merlot....... all accounted for.

Good luck with your Ups and your Downs on the scales.....

Jean