Introductions

Options
Hi everyone,

in order to gather us all in one place (there are 3 or 4 Insanity threads all started in May) I decided to start a group.

I'm 35, started Insanity on May 6th. Before that, I completed the 30 day shred twice and Ripped in 30 as well. My main current goal is to reduce body fat. Muscles are welcome, as well.

Replies

• chasero
    chasero Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'10"
    Start Weight: 155lbs
    End Weight: _____
    Start: May 6, 2013
    End: __________

No prior exercise regimen, reckon I'd start now and finish out around the middle of Summer. Then keep the fitness by continuing exercising.
  • talenarenee
    talenarenee Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi! I actually started Insanity April 8th and have followed the suggested calendar pretty closely, but with my teaching and traveling schedule, I haven't been able to follow it exactly which irritates my Type A personality but oh well. I get in at least 5 of the 6 work outs every week. In month 1 I've lost about 5 lbs and I've noticed some definite toning in my legs and arms. Flabby abs... not so much yet, but I'm feeling 'em so I guess they're in there somewhere. I'm loving it, even as I ***** and moan before starting.

I LOVE the picture for this group. Tanya's a beast! Man, I want abs like hers one day!
  • likark
    likark Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! This is my first time on MFP (online)! Who knew all this existed (obviously everyone else, lol). I actually started Insanity April 22nd, but I have a terrible time pushing myself to go to the basement everyday so I'm at the end of week 2 (4 days behind).

I'm glad I found this. I am part of a challenge group on FB but those women are doing ChaLEAN Extreme and TurboFire so it will be nice to have others who are doing the same workout to chat with.

Are you all following the nutrition plan that came with it or doing your own thing? I lost 25 pounds using MFP, drinking water and eating as cleanly as possible, but I don't think I'm getting enough of the "right" calories in to fuel the workouts (some days are obviously better then others), so I'm thinking about busting it open and taking a look.
  • anokte
    anokte Posts: 12
    Options
    Hey all! I'm a PhD student and I need to lose some dissertation weight and take better care of myself. I started running again and did a little bit of JIllian MIchaels, but once I've decided to do something I tend to push myself as hard as possible. I always want more! Insanity was appealing because it's one of the most intense at-home workouts I could possibly choose. Before starting this workout, I lost 7 pounds over the last 5 weeks, and I hope I continue losing with Insanity. I also want to be in better cardiovascular shape.

I started on May 6, so today is Day 4 for me. Recovery workout! I've heard good things about this one, so I'm excited about trying it.

I am following the nutrition plan, although I'm not eating quite as many calories as it thinks I should (2380 calories ends up making me feel uncomfortable when I try to get it all in)! I set my daily goal at 2100 and will just let myself eat up to 2400 on days when my body says it's really hungry. It's been very difficult for me to get in the recommended % of protein (I probably end up around 30/50/20 for protein/carbs/fat, the nutrition guide recommends 40/40/20) but I'm not going to beat myself up about it. If the scale doesn't seem to be showing any progress in a couple of weeks I'll reassess. While my diet is generally squeaky clean, I let myself eat limited amounts of junk within my calorie limit every week.

Is anyone else following the nutrition plan? And if so, how are you getting enough protein?

Good luck to you all. I'm so happy we have this group now!
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I'm so glad you joined!

I do not follow the nutrition plan, but I have read it to know what they recommend. I always had problems with eating enough protein so I make sure that every meal includes a source of it. I always make sure I have enough eggs and cottage cheese as well as yoghurt in my fridge. And I drink a protein shake almost every day.
    My diet is pretty clean, I tend to have an unhealthy snack once in a while and I have a sweet tooth so I bake a lot - however, most of my baking is sugar free and I almost always go for coconut flour or almond flour instead of wheat.

My lifestyle is pretty sedentary at the moment - that gives me 1250kcal a day which feels way too low for me so I eat more like 1400 on the days I don't exercise. Luckily, if I eat my exercise calories back I get to 1600-1700.

One of the reasons I chose Insanity is that I don't need any equipment. I travel a lot and not having my weights with me often stopped me from doing my workouts (I completed the 30 day shred twice and Ripped in 30 once).

Glad you like the picture od the group - I almost get aggressive when I look at Tanya :)
  • Pink_Cheek
    Pink_Cheek Posts: 92
    Options
    hi all,

My name is Jamie. I am 34 and live in Texas. I have A LOT of weight to lose. Looking forward to this group.
  • msmariimac
    msmariimac Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody! Glad to find a group of people to help me stick with it and motivate each other :)

I'm Mariia. A 26 yr old grad student. I noticed myself gaining weight during the semester from a lean 135 to a jiggly 155. I didn't have any energy anymore and I couldn't fit my clothes :( Now that I have a bit of time to myself this summer, I really want to lean out and tone up again. I used to do 30 day shred but it isn't so challenging anymore. After some research Insanity seemed like the perfect fit - no equipment, awesome results, and a short time period - yes please!

I started on Monday 5/6
  • aletadiana
    aletadiana Posts: 54
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    I also started on 5/6. I originally started about 5 weeks ago, but because I hadn't been doing a lot of exercise before I ended up overworking my knee and developing a little bit of tendinitis about 9 days in. I followed my doctors advice and begrudgingly took 4 weeks off to build up the strength. So I started incline walking on the treadmill and then bought the "pre-insanity" video which I did 6 days in a row for a week (I highly recommend it, it really does prepare you!) The good news was on Monday I almost doubled my fit test results from round 1-that gave me so much motivated to jump right back in! No additional problems with the knee yet (fingers crossed.) The last time I started my body felt ravaged with pain and cramping, more proof that the 5 weeks really whipped me into better shape, I have not been in nearly as much pain as last time ( still pain, but before I would sit at my desk all day b/c it killed to stand up and down!)

So I am definitely looking to drop a few pounds, and I am in desperate need of toning (especially in my tummy, which is my problem area) I will have to take a week of in June because I am going on vacation so I will need to be a part of a good group of motivators to get me back on track when I return!

I like to eat clean and my weakness is always sugar...I could just eat sweets for every meal, so that's something I struggle with!

Protein: I use a GMO free plant based protein powder called sun warrior right after every workout and that really helps me get an extra pack of protein. I add strawberries and a banana too it, mix it with almond milk and it helps tremendously with the muscle repair and helping with the pain.
  • aeg176
    aeg176 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Adonea and I have wanted to do this program for awhile now and finally just spent the money and started May 6th. I have always been overweight I had a baby back in 2010 and still haven't gotten all that weight off (almost there :)) I really wanted to challenge myself and I see now INSANITY is no joke! I hope to get some of this weight off and hopefully be in onederland by the end of this program. Good luck to you all! DIG DEEP! :flowerforyou:
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    Options
    Welcome!! I'm so happy you joined! :)
  • rafcon
    rafcon Posts: 11
    Options
    39 year old former Marine here... I too started the program on May 6th and have been using MFP on my iphone and ipad all week. First week of insanity and first week counting my calories. Having trouble eating enough (I keep coming in ~600 calories below where they want me) so I MFP keeps warning me about getting it higher, but want to lose weight too so I'm hoping to work hard with the workout and lose weight with the nutrition plan. Only time will tell.

I too hesitate pushing play on the dvd but I'm feeling better about it every morning... let's see how today goes for day 5!

Great to see everyone in here supporting each other! Really makes this a group effort which I think will help!

Anyone using any HRM's or other hardware to get more accurate calorie burn counts? I'm using MFP's recommended numbers from "circuit Training, general" with the time of my workout, but I'm not sure it is as accurate as I think it should be. Recommendations would be appreciated and I'll go and buy what you all find is working for you!

See you back here often!!!
    -Rafael
  • sarahruizfitnessjourney
    sarahruizfitnessjourney Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone my name is Sarah and I started Insanity on Monday, May 6th. I just completed my first week yesterday and am starting week 2 tomorrow. I'm a 32 year old stay at home mom to my 3 amazing children. I'm so glad I found this group because I think it will really help to have others doing Insanity right along side me to motivate and encourage me. Can't wait to see the results at the end of this program. =)
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I am Kathy. I started Insanity May 6th. I am at my orginal goal weight but, not happy with overall body composition. Finally, I have the courage to do Insanity. I did cardio all the time & failed to do strength/resistance work at the same time. Doing Insanity as well as working with a trainer. Love the structure of Insanity.
  • aletadiana
    aletadiana Posts: 54
    Options
    Hello,
    I am Kathy. I started Insanity May 6th. I am at my orginal goal weight but, not happy with overall body composition. Finally, I have the courage to do Insanity. I did cardio all the time & failed to do strength/resistance work at the same time. Doing Insanity as well as working with a trainer. Love the structure of Insanity.
    Welcome Kathy! I believe you will truly enjoy this group! It's a great bunch of people who offer a lot of motivation daily!
  • fitnewlife
    fitnewlife Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm Jackie, I started Insanity on May 6th. I tried to do it before but I quit. I'm happy to say I'll make it to Recovery Week and look forward to the second phase. This is the hardest workout ever, but I'm determined to finish round one.
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    Options
    Welcome, Jackie - glad to have you here with us! :)
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm Jackie, I started Insanity on May 6th. I tried to do it before but I quit. I'm happy to say I'll make it to Recovery Week and look forward to the second phase. This is the hardest workout ever, but I'm determined to finish round one.

Hello Jackie,
    Welcome aboard. I was avoiding Insanity like the plague. I took the plunge on May 6th. Found this group by week 2 & has been a great support. A place to share our pains & triumphs.
  • pierreborg86
    pierreborg86 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm on week 2 day 3 and I'm really enjoying this program.
    On the days when I'm dreading to start I just watch some Shaun T videos promoting insanity or insanity promo and get pumped up :D