Need snack ideas please!

Options
I'm new to clean eating. I snack all the time. I dont often eat big meals, but have small ones throughout the day. It keeps my metabolism running fast when I eat like this. But Ill Ive been using are cuties, apples, and bananas. Does anyone have any suggestions? I could really use some :)
Also, please feel free to add me if youd like :)
Thanks!!

Replies

• carrie3083
    carrie3083 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Here are some of my favorites: peanuts and raisins, almonds and dried cherries, apples and peanut butter, banana wrapped in whole wheat tortilla with almond butter, Greek yogurt with hemp seeds and berries, clean granola with almond milk, string cheese with some fruit, hummus with ak mak crackers and veggies, larabars, celery with pb and raisins. Also I experiment a ton in the kitchen. Just made some balls with walnuts, oatmeal, dried cherries, hemp seeds, chia, and dates rolled in coconut. Made some banana amaranth muffins that were good this week too. Add me if you like :). currently experimenting with veganism. Not sure how long that will last....
  • Terry903
    Terry903 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    what about seedless cucumbers (english) or red, yellow or green peppers?
  • autumnrunning
    autumnrunning Posts: 103
    Options
    summer is coming so different berries: blueberries, cranberries, strawberries, etc.

basically any vegetable or fruit

also i sometimes snack a few slices of cheese or ham

beans, peas

unflavored yogurt with something you like

rye bread/crisp bread
  • libertygirlfla
    libertygirlfla Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Try adding some kind of healthy protein with your fruit/veggie snacks, such as cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, nuts, organic cheese or edamame (soy beans). You'll stay fuller longer and round out your nutrition.
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Clean eating suggests eating a protein with a carb. I really feel a difference when i do that. I like fruit with a little handful of nuts. Brown rice cake with nut butter and slice banana. Greek yogurt with sliced fruit. Hummus with slice carrots and cucumber maybe a couple whole grain pita chips.
  • Terry903
    Options
    So funny! Just before I read the last post I had some dried apricots with almonds! Thank you for the info. I guess my body knew what it wanted! I eat as you said! I just watch the portions on the nuts because they are so high in calories.
  • Terry903
    Options
    Is popcorn allowed?
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    You are so right on the nuts. I have to really watch myself. I've figured out the amount that fits in my hand when it's completely closed is half a serving and the amount I like to eat.

I do eat popcorn when I REALLY need a fill me up snack. I do it with 1 tsp of coconut oil. Figuring out a protein to eat with that is a challenge for me. Nuts? Yogurt? I try and stay away from cheese. Dairy fat kills my ghost bladder.
  • babynew
    babynew Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I like to put nutritional yeast & cinnamon on my popcorn. ..& sometimes a few drops of chipotle tabasco. MY other " special " Topping was orange rind grated, & grated dark chocolate!
    Enjoy ;') :flowerforyou:
  • singmyheartout4you
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas so far everyone!!! :)
  • bound4beauty
    bound4beauty Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    My go to snacks are:

Hard boiled egg and a piece of fruit
    Almond butter & celery
    2 oz. can of tuna & celery
    Hummus & baby carrots
    Almonds & fruit