I graduated from C25k today!!!

Options
CatShelton
CatShelton Posts: 147 Member
So happy to be finished, and so glad to finally know what a runners high is. I am so excited for my next phase of training (speed work for a month) then training for a 10K. What an incredible journey from not even being able to run 1 minute, to running over 3 miles in less than 35. I am the happiest girl in the world right now. Hoping to finish my 5k on saturday in under 33 minutes!

PS: todays pacing was 11:19 per mile. I am soooo proud! I never though I could run sub 12 min. miles!

~Cat

Replies

• Ghlt4
    Ghlt4 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! You've got a great mile pace already!! I'm sure you'll do great in your race.

I've still a long way to go, but reading stories like this really encourage me.
  • CatShelton
    Options
    I wish you all the best of luck. Just remember that after the 5th week it is really mostly a mental game. If you believe you can do it, you will do it.

~Cat
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    11:19 is better than my average. WAY to GO!
  • CatShelton
    Options
    Thank you!!!
  • romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and good luck on your 5k on Saturday.
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Congrats and best of luck on your 5k :D
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Congrats on finishing!! Your pace is really good so I think you'll do just fine in your race. The race day atmosphere always adds a little more energy to your run. Good luck to you!!
  • CatShelton
    Options
    Congrats on finishing!! Your pace is really good so I think you'll do just fine in your race. The race day atmosphere always adds a little more energy to your run. Good luck to you!!

Thank you so much! I was excited about the pace, but hoping to spend the next month getting it down to around 10min/mile. Always looking a head I guess. Aiming to finish this one in 33 and my next one, on June 15th in 30.

Thanks again for the encouragement!

~Cat
  • FestivalDiva
    FestivalDiva Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Wow congrats Cat, that's truly something! Enjoy your runners euphoria :drinker: I've graduated today form c25k and am too very euphoric! I'm looking forward to going out tonight and telling the world about my massive success. It's a proud day :laugh: