Welcome

Options
teamryan90
teamryan90 Posts: 359 Member
Welcome everyone. Let me introduce myself to you. My name is Ryan Williams. Let me begin by explaining how I got involved with Team Beachbody and what it has done for me and why I became and Independent Team Beachbody Coach.

While I was on Facebook several months ago one of my friends saw a post by me complaining about my weight and how because of my job and work hours I had not gone to a class at my brother's gym in 8 months. When I was able to leave work at a decent time there was always something going on with my children that I needed to tend to. He popped the question to me "Have you ever though of doing P90X?" I saw commercials on television before but it looks way to extreme for me. I explained that I sometimes break a sweat bending over to tie my shoes in the morning.

A week or so later I caught a glimpse of my huge stomach and swollen face in the mirror. Later that day I messaged him on Facebook and said told him I am ready to commit. I need change my lifestyle before I give myself a heart attack.

Day 1 of my workout was thing to myself. What did I get myself into? I could not keep up. Each day with a new exercise I said the same thing. I was sore. I could barely walk up and down the stairs. Week 2 I noticed improvement and my stomach decreasing in size. By the end of the first month I lost 17 pounds and I noticed a huge improvement on the exercises.

Last week I completed by 2nd month. I am down 27 pounds since I started. I have lost over 4 inches of my waist. I gained an inch on my chest and almost an inch gained on each bicep.

I am not going to lie and say that its been easy. There were a few days that I did not feel like pressing "PLAY" If it was not for the Challenge Group I was in I would have quit around day 35 to 40. The group motivated me. They reminded me that I made a commitment to them but most importantly I made a commitment to myself. They asked me to rethink my reasons. My reason was to look good and lead a healthy life. I needed to prioritize my goals and reasons before my excuses of not wanting to press PLAY. After that motivation and pep talk I have never looked back. The changes to my body have been great.

Several times since then I became the motivator to others in the group who were having troubles and problems in real life. Things happen and it will effect our day and our moods. Support Groups are great for that motivation. Especially when you can share your results of how much better you feel and how much better you look.

I have changed my eating habits. Since I started 66 days ago I quit drink soda. I do not eat at fast food restaurants anymore. I quit eating pizza 3 days a week. I have eaten a few treats. I do not call that cheating. Some feel guilty when they have a piece of cake or a cupcake. I say its fine as long as you do not eat a ton of cake. There is nothing wrong with a little treat every now and then as long as you do not go crazy over it.

I was asked to become a coach and I am glad I did. I can show others that Beachbody Fitness Programs work. I cannot say that I lost 100+ pounds and have a great story like that but I can say it worked for me. My day 1 picture and day 60 picture are major changes. My gut is almost gone and my face is not swollen.

My goal for the remaining 24 days of P90X is to tone up. I will be starting Insanity after P90X is complete.

If you would like to please share a little about yourself and share what your goals are and why you chose the program you are doing?

Replies

• CarolinaGrace77
    Options
    I'll bite...

I used to body build, so I'm very aware of what works for me and what doesn't. I had minor surgery and it has impacted my diet and my work outs had to fall away. I work a very busy schedule and I cannot always make it to the gym with my crazy hours.

I'm working out with a few people at work. We're all at different levels of fitness and weight. One lady bought Turbo Fire and I told her I'd work out with her as it helped motivate her. Now, I am not a cardio fan. I dig my walk/jogs and nothing high impact. However, I found Turbo so much fun. It is even better than Zumba. I like it because I do indeed burn a lot of calories in a very short time. So, I do Turbo Fire low impact and sometimes walk/jog. I am also incorporating weights again. Since I like Turbo and I'm not fond of Zumba, I may get Body Combat later.

I'm currently at 29% Body Fat. My ultimate goal is to make it down to 20% BF.
    I use Body Bugg and MFP to log my meals and account for my calories.
  • teamryan90
    Options
    I'll bite...

I used to body build, so I'm very aware of what works for me and what doesn't. I had minor surgery and it has impacted my diet and my work outs had to fall away. I work a very busy schedule and I cannot always make it to the gym with my crazy hours.

I'm working out with a few people at work. We're all at different levels of fitness and weight. One lady bought Turbo Fire and I told her I'd work out with her as it helped motivate her. Now, I am not a cardio fan. I dig my walk/jogs and nothing high impact. However, I found Turbo so much fun. It is even better than Zumba. I like it because I do indeed burn a lot of calories in a very short time. So, I do Turbo Fire low impact and sometimes walk/jog. I am also incorporating weights again. Since I like Turbo and I'm not fond of Zumba, I may get Body Combat later.

I'm currently at 29% Body Fat. My ultimate goal is to make it down to 20% BF.
    I use Body Bugg and MFP to log my meals and account for my calories.

Thank you for sharing your goals. I have been told by several friends that they love TurboFire. It is great that you are taking the steps to achieve them by working out and tracking your meals and calories. Are you signed up at Team Beachbody website. It is free. If you sign up for free and use my Coach ID 230516 I will become your coach for free as well. Then In the future if you order any workout like Body Compat and you alreadt have a Team Beachbody Coach on file then you they may send Bonus Workout DVDS. I received 6 Bonus P90X DVDs free of charge because I had a Coach on file.
  • CarolinaGrace77
    Options
    After I get through Turbo I may order body combat. I think I'll like it. When I do I'll add you as a coach. Also, if my friend wants to order anything else I'll give her your coach id.
  • diva099
    diva099 Posts: 42
    Options
    Hey I am also doing Turbofire I have been doing it for almost two months now. I love the workouts they keep me going when I don't feel like working out I think about the music and it makes me push play. When I finish this I will be moving on to Chalean Extreme.
  • teamryan90
    Options
    After I get through Turbo I may order body combat. I think I'll like it. When I do I'll add you as a coach. Also, if my friend wants to order anything else I'll give her your coach id.

One of my friends in real life is doing body combat and really enjoys it. I plan on fitting that into my schedule this year. Thanks also for referring me to your friend. I have great success so far and I want to use it to motivate others to get healthy and get fit. Anytime you need anything or need a push or motivation I will be here and listen. My coach was there for me and I want to be there for everyone.
  • Tatzumi
    Tatzumi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm new.
    I've always been the pudgy friend and I finally hated my body enough I did something about it. I started biking back in February and kept that up until the end of march. I don't have an exact number of how much weight I lost, but I dropped a dress size from a 14 to a 12 and I'm on the brink of a 10. I haven't been able to bike lately and I lost my motivation and my free time. I go to a pretty competitive school and with finals coming up I don't have time for the hour to two hour bike rides I love. Regardless I want to start a healthier lifestyle.

On that note I just ordered insanity and I plan on doing it over the summer. I'd love to have tips on diet and exercise that have worked for other people. I really want to wow my school when I go back for my senior year :) So what do people recommend for insanity as well as other some other programs. I do have access to P90x, my bro has it, so I might do that after insanity.
  • teamryan90
    Options
    Hey I'm new.
    I've always been the pudgy friend and I finally hated my body enough I did something about it. I started biking back in February and kept that up until the end of march. I don't have an exact number of how much weight I lost, but I dropped a dress size from a 14 to a 12 and I'm on the brink of a 10. I haven't been able to bike lately and I lost my motivation and my free time. I go to a pretty competitive school and with finals coming up I don't have time for the hour to two hour bike rides I love. Regardless I want to start a healthier lifestyle.

On that note I just ordered insanity and I plan on doing it over the summer. I'd love to have tips on diet and exercise that have worked for other people. I really want to wow my school when I go back for my senior year :) So what do people recommend for insanity as well as other some other programs. I do have access to P90x, my bro has it, so I might do that after insanity.

I would love to help you with your questions you have. P90X has worked awesome for me. Today I am on day 70. I have seen great results on both P90X and Insanity. Most people that I know end up doing both and have very noticeable results. I have some pictures posted of my results showing Day 1, Day 27, and Day 57. What is your main goal? My first main goal was to lose weight especially my waist. I accomplished that in less than 60 days. My goal now is to tone up. Once I better understand your goals I can help you better. One strong point I want you to know is that eating healthy plays a very critical role in your results. I quit drinking soda and quit eating fastfood. I have had McDonalds but only the breakfast and I try to avoid that if i can. I have learned my lesson and now I prepare my food in advance and sometimes I have the whole week packed and planned out.
  • CarolinaGrace77
    Options
    I'd love to have tips on diet and exercise that have worked for other people. I really want to wow my school when I go back for my senior year :) So what do people recommend for insanity as well as other some other programs. I do have access to P90x, my bro has it, so I might do that after insanity.

Welcome!

I personally don't offer specifics, as everyone is different. However, I swear by what got me to 14% body fat and below...
    Burn more than you eat
    Eat enough to burn
    Drink water...no substitutes will do
    Keep yourself accountable, if writing it down in a note book works great, I personally like posting in groups online and reporting to friends
    Purge the home...if it isn't there I can't eat it as a midnight snack
    Make your own food, eating out is never as healthy as home made
    For ideas snoop in other people's food journals
    Read the nutrition facts
    Reward consistency (not pounds lost) Being consistent is the true goal, losing weight dropping sizes etc is the consequences. If I am consistent the good results will follow. No matter what the scale or anything else says, if I am consistent then I am victorious.
    Speaking of the scale....it lies. I never go by weight. I go by Body Fat & my clothing size/body size.
    Fall in love with working out...find what you enjoy and make the time to do it.
    If I don't feel like doing it, I tell myself to do it for 10-15 minutes and I have always completed the work out and never stopped at 10-15 minutes.

I joined challenges, posted every day or nearly every day, and never gave in. It was slow going and I never wanted to quit. I got better every week at choosing my foods.

I hope this little bit helps. I know it is generic, but that doesn't mean it isn't all true. :smile:
  • Gnasher1960
    Gnasher1960 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 53, 5ft 7in, 170lbs but started at 230lbs. Currently doing Power 90 for the third time, although I think it's going to be part of my regular routine for a long time to come, though probably not the full 6 days a week once I'm maintaining.

When I started I could barely manage 3 or 4 push ups, now I can do 30, 20 with legs raised. Chair dips have gone from 2 to 25. Crunches have gone from 4 to 30+. Level 1-2 cardio had me gasping for breath and pausing constantly, but with will power and perserverence I can now push hard through Level 3-4 and occasionally I'll do 2 rounds one after the other for a really good workout.

I did intend to use Power 90 as a stepping stone to P90X, but I'm very happy with the way I look now. I'm 53 so I'm never going to be totally ripped, and to be honest I don't really want to be. The intention was to get in shape and not be embarrassed about how I looked. I think I have achieved that.

I still have a little bit more weight to lose to be "Healthy", but that's just a number, I really just want to get rid of my man boobs and love handles. If I can do that by carrying on with MFP and Power 90 I'll be satisfied.

I can highly recommend Power 90, I think it's suitable for anyone. Give it a go and don't be put off if you struggle. Just go at your own pace, you know your body better than anyone.

Here's some progress pics for inspiration:

11ccf1d8-1d30-4fa6-a07a-d9594ae19401_zps88aad5af.jpg

40da1e37-15fe-4dc2-bdd7-d4f1a6974862_zps9b2aa6f6.jpg
  • teamryan90
    Options
    Hi I'm 53, 5ft 7in, 170lbs but started at 230lbs. Currently doing Power 90 for the third time, although I think it's going to be part of my regular routine for a long time to come, though probably not the full 6 days a week once I'm maintaining.

When I started I could barely manage 3 or 4 push ups, now I can do 30, 20 with legs raised. Chair dips have gone from 2 to 25. Crunches have gone from 4 to 30+. Level 1-2 cardio had me gasping for breath and pausing constantly, but with will power and perserverence I can now push hard through Level 3-4 and occasionally I'll do 2 rounds one after the other for a really good workout.

I did intend to use Power 90 as a stepping stone to P90X, but I'm very happy with the way I look now. I'm 53 so I'm never going to be totally ripped, and to be honest I don't really want to be. The intention was to get in shape and not be embarrassed about how I looked. I think I have achieved that.

I still have a little bit more weight to lose to be "Healthy", but that's just a number, I really just want to get rid of my man boobs and love handles. If I can do that by carrying on with MFP and Power 90 I'll be satisfied.

I can highly recommend Power 90, I think it's suitable for anyone. Give it a go and don't be put off if you struggle. Just go at your own pace, you know your body better than anyone.

Here's some progress pics for inspiration:

11ccf1d8-1d30-4fa6-a07a-d9594ae19401_zps88aad5af.jpg

40da1e37-15fe-4dc2-bdd7-d4f1a6974862_zps9b2aa6f6.jpg

Awesome job. You have great results. Way to go and keep bringing it. I have heard many great stories of Power 90 and this is another one. You have proven with dedication and commitment you can succeed. Thanks for sharing.
  • mrsroc2010
    mrsroc2010 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm new.

I too am a newbie, I have lost 2 dress sizes from 14 to 10 but i have platued. So i ordered the insanity workout while I still feel motivated to see what kind of results I can yeild. I got my boost and red bull on hand (lol) what ever its gonna take. I'm super excited about this. Can't wait to get started.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • cassi9879
    cassi9879 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I started Weight Watchers in March and Tai Cheng in May. So far I've lost 22 lbs. I'm not sure what program I'll be doing next.
  • teamryan90
    Options
    I started Weight Watchers in March and Tai Cheng in May. So far I've lost 22 lbs. I'm not sure what program I'll be doing next.

Thanks for joining us. How do you like Tai Cheng?
  • cassi9879
    cassi9879 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Everything has been good except for week 4. Introducing foam rolling to my quads was very painful. It's a sore spot I've had for years. PT located the source and I have periodic flare ups. Foam rolling hits the trouble spots so that first week was a blur.
  • mrsroc2010
    mrsroc2010 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    t087.jpgtesting
  • CarolinaGrace77
    Options
    t087.jpg
  • CarolinaGrace77
    Options
    Dang...that took me a few minutes to figure out....
  • stellasstyle
    stellasstyle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have not done P90X in a REALLY long time but need something hardcore to get results, I am getting married in less than 4 months so I need a serious workout but I am having trouble getting/staying motivated so I want to give this a shot but I think I will really need some support and accountability. I am hoping by joining this group I will get that!
  • teamryan90
    Options
    I have not done P90X in a REALLY long time but need something hardcore to get results, I am getting married in less than 4 months so I need a serious workout but I am having trouble getting/staying motivated so I want to give this a shot but I think I will really need some support and accountability. I am hoping by joining this group I will get that!

Thanks for joining us. You can do this. Keep thinking of your goal each day and why you want to reach that goal. We will help you out anyway we can. 90 days is all it takes. I got great results in 60 days of P90X. You got this.

If you want more motivation and support I also host a group on Facebook that you and everyone is welcome to join. The link is below.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/527307200663612/
  • NaeNaeJanae
    NaeNaeJanae Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I received my P90X and Insanity DVD's in March. I was all set to start, when I found out I had a health issue that needed my focus instead. I'm 6 weeks post surgery now, (and cancer free!!!). I just found this group, and wanted to make sure I could find it again. I'll be a bystander (and cheerleader) for now. I'm not cleared for anything but walking right now, but when I can, I'm starting those DVD's!!!! This is a great group, thanks for doing it!
    :)