Would love some help

Options
gabijadc
gabijadc Posts: 90 Member
I was not gonna post here, but I feel like I'm out of options... Stuck between 79.5-80.5kg (approx.176lbs) for 7 weeks now and only lost one inch from my waist over this time. Maybe you guys can give me some valuable input.

Provide your stats (height/weight/age/bodyfat% if you know it/etc)
6ft / 176lbs / 30% bf (last I checked)

What's your current gross intake of calories, on average?
Goal: 1600. Weekly averages out (from ipad app) to about 1500 per day.

What's your current average intake of protein, carbs, and fats, in grams? (GRAMS, not percent!)
on average:
p:90g
c:260g
f:70g

Do you use a food scale and measure everything? Yes, all of it

Do you track all of your intake, daily? (Everything?) Yes, all of it

Do you take cheat days or days off? No

How much weight have you lost so far and over what time period? Over starting feb.12 in the first 4 weeks I lost 5kg (11lbs). Ever since then - nothing.

Describe your activity (exercise and non exercise) and did you change that activity withing the last couple of months?
Within the last months I've exercised the same.
I mainly do HIIT training half of the days (15-30min long cardio AND strength HIIT) and insanity/p90x the other half of the days. Every once 10-15 days I have a rest day, when I really feel like I need one.
Only time I haven't been consistent with my workouts is the last 5 days - exams are here, so I'm busy.

How long have you been stalled and if it is not a complete stall please be very specific as to how much you have lost over the stalled period.
Stuck between 79.5-80.5kg (approx.176lbs) for 7 weeks now. It's always one or the other on the scale.

Are you breastfeeding? no

Do you have thyroid issues/risks or PCOS? no

Also, please ensure that you have your diary open. done

I've been wanting to change my calories but I'm not sure whether I need to eat more or less - that is the biggest problem.
Daily the food I eat is about 90% healthy so I don't think that that might be an issue...

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

What's your current gross intake of calories, on average?
    Goal: 1600. Weekly averages out (from ipad app) to about 1500 per day.

What's your current average intake of protein, carbs, and fats, in grams? (GRAMS, not percent!)
    on average:
    p:90g
    c:260g
    f:70g

The above adds up to 2030 calories. When I run an average of calories for you over the past month (april 9th to May 8th, excluding today since it's not complete) I come up with an average intake of 1940 calories.

It's very likely that you are simply eating too many calories and I'd just recommend making sure you stick to your goal of 1600. You're clearing it by about 330 calories/day which is essentially cancelling out most/all of your deficit.

As long as we're at it, I'd set your macros as follows too:

1600 cals
    125p
    60f
    140c

EDIT: Feel free to follow up if you have any questions or if you attempt this and experience issues.
  • gabijadc
    gabijadc Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input! ;)

I will try these different macros. I don't really pay attention to macros a lot so they're always all over the place.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Locking to try to help track open threads. Feel free to PM either myself or SideSteel to unlock when you are ready to give us an update, or earlier if you want to add anything or have questions. Please link this thread in the PM.
This discussion has been closed.