clean eating

Options
I have been eating clean for about 2 weeks now. I am feeling more energetic and loving how I feel, I have lost 3lbs. My stomach has not budged!! I would like to lose an inch to two inches. I just feel bloated constantly. Will that eventually change?

Replies

• jasmine_noel
    jasmine_noel Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Since this isn't an intake question I hope it's okay to chime in... less gluten = less bloat for me, even if it's 'clean', whole food - there may be something that your system has a hard time digesting. (Look at dairy, soy and other legumes too.) Probiotics are also helpful for me.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Instead of eating "clean," try eating less.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    "Clean" eating really has no direct impact on weight loss - a caloric deficit does that. Can you open your diary.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    "Clean" eating really has no direct impact on weight loss - a caloric deficit does that. Can you open your diary.

^ This.

And this:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/822501-halp-my-sandwich-isn-t-clean

Having said all that, we're happy to take a look at things and see what we come up with.
  • berlys
    berlys Posts: 27
    Options
    Thank you all for the input! Thought my diary was open. Getting ready to head out for the Spartan and won't be home till Sunday. Will fix it then. Will also try the gluten free. Thanks again!!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Thank you all for the input! Thought my diary was open. Getting ready to head out for the Spartan and won't be home till Sunday. Will fix it then. Will also try the gluten free. Thanks again!!

To be honest, before you start removing food groups from your diet, I would give it more time - you have lost 3lbs in 2 weeks, some of which may well be water weight. I would just be more patient, and if you still do not see results are a while, then look to intolerances. Why cut out a food group unless necessary, especially when it is a hard one to cut out.
  • berlys
    berlys Posts: 27
    Options
    I fixed my diary so public can see it. Since I got back, I haven't stressed so much about the clean eating. I am stool eating healthier though. My stomach is now, slowly, starting to shrink. Also, I am getting more calories in. I live 30 & 50 miles from the closest grocery stores, and eating clean is super expensive! So I will just focus on the healthier eating for now and not stress. Thank you all so much for the advice!!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Locking so we can keep track of active threads. If you wish for the thread to be unlocked so you can update us or have further questions, please feel free to PM either myself or SideSteel, including a link to this thread and we will unlock it so you can.
This discussion has been closed.