Almost Through Pre-Op Certification

Options
kvandeman
kvandeman Posts: 527 Member
All I have left is the psych consult and the clearence from my PCP. He is procrastinating giving it to me. He is not a believer in the surgery. I won't/can't change my mind on this. Right now it is also coming up with the last bit if funds to get everything done. It is expensive trying to get healthy. Maybe I should get on Kickstarter and get some funds that way? Think it would work? Doubtful.

I was reading the post on whether WLS is cheating. Man was that a can of worms. Depressed me reading it. So many look on the surgery and then you in a negative light. Nobody is asking them to do it. People complain that someone is obese and then complain when they do something about it. Doesn't make sense. Oh they say that 50% or such gain the weight back...yeah no joke and so does anyone else on a diet. It happens. If everyone is perfect why are they trying to lose weight?

I know what I have to do. I will not let negativity deter me from my quest. This is becoming a holy quest in which failure would/could mean death. I don't want to die thus I must succeed no matter the cost.

Thank for letting me rant.
Kris

Replies

• teresa7926
    teresa7926 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I am also just about through with the process. Everything has been done. My PCP gave her blessing, but my surgeon is still waiting for the letter from her so he can submit everything to the insurance co. for approval. Nail biting time for me.

I, too, was reading that that thread on if the surgery is "cheating". Only read about half of it. Some people are very ingnorant (not intelligent). Do I want to resort to surgery and altering my body. Hell no. But I have exhausted all other avenues to lose weight. Mine is definitely a metabolic problem, not an eating problem. I am probably one of the healthiest eaters around. It is a tool to help my body take care of what nature cannot do for it.

Best of luck on your journey.
  • kvandeman
    kvandeman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Thank you and you too. I completed the psych eval yesterday so all I need now is the clearance from my PCP. Wanna get this done.
  • teresa7926
    teresa7926 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have been apprehensive so far, but it has finally clicked and I am now mentally ready. If all goes well, I hopefully will be having my procedure the beginning of July - I need to schedule around some work committments. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want.