Submit General Feedback Here

Options

Replies

• Jules0125
    Jules0125 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a motorola photon. The app is running much faster than it has been before downloading 2.7. I like the look of the pages.
  • Dree3
    Dree3 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Love the improved design and slide-out tray menu on the left. That's a huge improvement over the last UI. The new blue is more in-tune with the site's blue, and the flat UI design looks better than the beveled one. I also love that I can turn off the 'complete day' option as I never use that feature.

I've received some unexpected errors on occasion, but I've been screenshotting it and submitting it as feedback directly from the app, so I won't touch on that here.

These are some things I've always found I felt need improvement about the Android app, both live and beta versions:

1) Like others have said, access to a mobile version of groups, blogs and forums would be awesome. Some days I use MFP more on my phone than on my computer, and I feel like we miss out on community features a lot.

2) When I scroll through my news feed on my Galaxy S3, often times it slides over between days when I don't want it to. Like if I swipe down while reading the feed, it picks up as a side-swipe and goes back a day, or forward. This happens in both the current live app as well as the beta. A setting to disable that would be great. If it only happens to me then I can live with it, though.

3) Wish there was a paid version of the app so I don't have the ad at the bottom. I never click on the ads but I'd still like to support the company in some way, with how much I've used the site over the years.

Thanks for the opportunity to test, and for listening!
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    First impression ( on HTC One S)

Love the design, color scheme, menus.

REALLY missing the "Frequent" tab for the food. It's my most used option normally.

Also having to press on top to add a comment and to post it (as opposed to below the thread) seem like an odd place and slightly counter intuitive.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    REALLY missing the "Frequent" tab for the food. It's my most used option normally.
    Something's wrong. I still have the Frequent tab.
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options

Weird.

I only have Recent, Meals and recipe.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Everything seems to work well so far. The only thing i wish is that we could delete items from the recent list. Otherwise working well no complaints.
  • freddykid
    freddykid Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Using a motorola atrix hd.

New UI looks very nice and the reaction time is considerably faster than the older version. no crashes, i was able to add some food and cardio quickly.

New feed is still not any prettier but I know that is not an easy thing to do. Really hope news feed comment notification inside the app/webpage is in works but overall this beta seems like a great step forward. I will add more as I notice other things.
  • Alan
    Alan Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Weird.

I only have Recent, Meals and recipe.

I have Recent, Frequent, My Foods, Meals and Recipes
  • jenniferitzep
    jenniferitzep Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I think it would be great if we could access groups and create blogs from the app. the look and feel of it is good though.

I second that I was looking forward to being able to see groups and blogs from app because that's my main point of access to the site is the app.
  • jenniferitzep
    jenniferitzep Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Love the look and ease of the upgrade seems "cleaner" I guess neater
  • wheezeybouncer
    wheezeybouncer Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    So far, So good. BUT I only down loaded it at bed time so haven't really had a chance to play with it much yet.

Randomness that I thought with the previous app (both on the phone and iPad) would be nice if you could upload pics straight to the app.
  • ron2e
    ron2e Posts: 606
    Options
    Very early days, I have only had access to the new app on both my Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Tab 10.1 in the last 30 mins, but first impressions are it is quite an improvement over the old version and much more in line with the functionality of the web app. No bugs or issues so far. Congratulations to the Development Team!
  • jmnicholas
    jmnicholas Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I like the feel and appearance of the new app so far (on Samsung Galaxy S3)

One feature that I would really like is the ability to view the forums from the app itself instead of having to use my web browser on my mobile device. This would really provide a boost to the social component of the app.

Although I log regularly, I like the "reminder" feature you set up to encourage people to log food at certain intervals. I can see this as a good method of improving retention of new users as it encourages them to use the app regularly.

Agreed, also would like 'frequent' tab returned as in the previous version. For multi-add seems to work well. As others, a bit disappointed that recent is not recent, hopefully will alter with time and use.
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    Can't see how to upload new profile pic from the app which I could do in previous version?
    scratch that I did find it, buried in 'edit fitness profile'..
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    Another thing that could be considered.. on the website recipes show in reverse chronological order with most recent first but the app shows oldest first. You are far more likely to need a recent recipe, and if you have a lot it is a little irritating. Also ability to prioritise foods/recipes you have entered when searching would be helpful.
  • AnneMercedes
    AnneMercedes Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm liking the slight UI changes. A little different than before, but intuitive and not confusing. I also like that you didn't add a bunch of unnecessary graphics that slow it down or consume data.

One thing I would like in the app as well as on the website is the ability to set the dates for the graphed reports. In the app, I can only see 1, 2 or 3 months progress. On the website I can see 6 months, but If I started my weight loss 4 months ago, I would like to isolate that timeframe.

Just to add to this...I would like for the graph to hold the time frame I'm choosing and not revert hack to the default 1 month everytime I exit that screen. This was an annoyance before as well.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Just started messing around with it last night.

I like the look so far, still wish there were forum / blog access, or at the least a button that opens phone browser to mobile version of the forums.

So far no bugs or issues ( Galaxy SII )
  • munkiii
    munkiii Posts: 1
    Options
    I am also missing the "Frequent" tab when i am entering food.

Really want this tab back, because it was the most used tab in the app for me.
  • nightdragon70
    nightdragon70 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Couple of suggestions

When you REPLY to a message, the cursor automatically goes to the recipient field.

I couldn't tell you the number of times I hit reply and then started to type and realized I wasn't in the email body field. Maybe default to that section instead ?

As also mentioned... can we incorporate forums into the app ? Allow you to at least click on link when a friend posts/responds to a topic and go to that one topic.

Great job overall.. the new UI is nice once you get used to it
  • SchroederNJ
    SchroederNJ Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Loving the new interface on my Samsung Galaxy Nexus.

Did a run last nite on Endomondo and the data transferred without a hitch.

Beta test came at the perfect time as I'm refocusing on my logging and exercising! More comments to come as I get more use.