Submit General Feedback Here

Options

Replies

• DanaHerro
    DanaHerro Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    So far I really like the look of it.
    I miss the tabs at the top though - don't like to have to keep pressing the little runner guy to get back menus
    also REALLY wish there was a way to add friends via their username and not invite using your phone numbers, email, facebook. It's hard enough to find on the desktop site and it's non-existent on the mobile app.

I also would love to be able to SHARE recipes with other users - like if you clicked share, the recipe would go right over to their profile too. Would save a lot of time for people!!! :)

it's confusing right now because it's not explicitly called out. You can add friends by username, just choose the 'email' option, and enter the username in place of the email address. Hope this helps.

But that still wants to add them by way of emailing them, which I don't want to do. We know each others usernames, we just want to add one another. You can easily do it from the desktop app, we should be able to do it from the mobile app too.
  • mattskent
    mattskent Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like the new interface overall, but it's a little annoying having to tap twice to view my diary from the homescreen (open the menu and select Diary). I would love it if the "Food" and "Excercise" sections in the daily summary were links to those sections of the diary.

Also, I believe the general Android convention for a slide out menu like that is that you can open it by sliding in from the side of the screen. That would make things a lot easier (don't have to reach all the way up to the top to go anywhere).
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options
    2) I cannot figure out how to visit groups from my mobile. Is it possible to create a groups tab on friends or such?
    Currently you can't access community features such as groups or forums from the mobile apps, only from the website.
  • Alex
    Options
    Hello Wdevy,

Can you tell us a bit more about this feedback? Are you referring to adding a comment in the newsfeed? Thanks for the additional information.

Thanks!

Also having to press on top to add a comment and to post it (as opposed to below the thread) seem like an odd place and slightly counter intuitive.
  • Alex
    Options
    Many, many thanks to all of you who have provided feedback. We have been reviewing and documenting everyone's suggestions and comments and deeply appreciate how much insight it provides us into what future changes and improvements we should consider.
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I do not want it to synchronize automatically frequently as I am not always on a free internet connection and do not want to waist my kb data on that. But I would like to have the sync button option under the main selection page, instead of having to go into settings.
    And of course add the forums. One of the main reasons that I was not using the app was that I was logging on the full website from my phone so I can go to the forums.

I can not create new measurements or delete old/new in the app. I would also like to combine 2-3 different measurements together in the progress with the food and macros. ie sodium with weight progress for 1/2/3 months.

Under edit in the food diary there should be the option to change the serving quantity, not just delete the entire food item. Many people pre-plan their food for the day but may be ate less or more from the initial quantity planned.

On the bottom of the diary should also be the option to save, not just complete entry for the day.
  • Alan
    Alan Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    A suggestion for the forum here. Could you start a new topic with a list of bugs that have been fixed in the next release? Might clean things up in the forums a bit if people look there before reporting a bug.
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Hello Wdevy,

Can you tell us a bit more about this feedback? Are you referring to adding a comment in the newsfeed? Thanks for the additional information.

Thanks!

Also having to press on top to add a comment and to post it (as opposed to below the thread) seem like an odd place and slightly counter intuitive.
    The "post" button when posting comments or statuses or even the "send" in the messages. Since all the new Android phones are quite big, it makes it a bit awkward to push that button on the top right when typing with one hand. ( for women with smaller hands anyways)
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    The new app is really pretty, and is now much more consistent with other android apps. But.....it now seems that I have to go through an extra screen or two to reach certain information.
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options

A couple of things I don't like:
    1. The Recent/Frequent entries in the non-Beta app remember that last serving size I selected. I really like that feature. In the Beta version, all the portion sizes in the Recent/Frequent lists appear to default to 1.0 serving. It's kind of annoying. For example: I'll often put 2 ounces of coconut milk in my morning coffee. 2 ounces is 0.25 servings, and with the Beta app I have to type that in every time.

I totally agree with this.
  • viscome
    viscome Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    One thing that I would like to see (wasn't in the old app either) is a larger precision for decimal places.

When weighing food, the results are often in fractions (5/8). It would be nice to keep the precision out to at least three decimal places (or have an option to select the precision)
  • workit2011dd
    Options
    My husband and each have an account but can not share the same meals that one or the other has already created. It would really be great to be able to share/access meals and recipes with friends you allow to access your page.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • kae_blah
    kae_blah Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I would love the data sync button to be easier to find - even on the daily summary page. I want to be able to sync easily before adding new food and after adding food.
  • jeanette60621
    Options
    I really like it, looks good. New features are awesome! The 'tray' out to the side is a nice feature. Very easy to use, good job!!!
    :happy:
  • msienkiewicz
    msienkiewicz Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I liked the pie chart display though it wasn't clear to me right away what the sections represented. (I will have to give it another look.)

I had the tablet in 'landscape' mode so I didn't see the legend at the bottom. Silly me. In portrait mode it is all clear.
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Been using the Beta app for about a week now and so far, so good! I have an HTC Evo 3D and thus far have only had one issue... the app locked up on me when I was typing in a food item in the 'search' bar. It gave me the option to send a crash report and I did, but other than that one time, every thing has worked fine.

I really like the new UI... has a much more "modern" look and feel to it! I actually find myself using this mobile version more than I did the *current* version simply because it just seems easier to enter items into my diary.
  • americangirlok
    americangirlok Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    My initial impression is that it is very similar to the current app, but with just some design changes and perhaps a little more intuitive. I like the slide over menu, it seems easier to navigate, and the notifications, those are a nice bonus.

It would be nice to have:
    1) Better access to add recipes (this took me a while to find)
    2) The ability to search within my own recipes (of course, I would like this on the regular website)
    3) Actual forum access via the app

This!

I agree with all of this, plus I like the reminder. It loads a lot easier and faster on my phone (HTC DNA) than the previous version.
  • tskask
    tskask Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I like the look of the new app.

A couple of suggestions for future versions:
    1. I am using the app to lose weight. I like to see how many calories I have left to eat in a day, but once I linked the app to Endomondo, now the calories are adjusted from the exercise. An option in settings where this could be turned off would be nice.
    2. Sometimes the barcode scanner has a hard time reading a barcode due to light, wrinkles, etc. It would be nice to have a way to manually enter a barcode.
  • IamDianna
    IamDianna Posts: 37
    Options
    Recipes sometimes goes backwards suddenly and all my information that I have been entering is lost.

As mentioned, portion sizes changes units every time I try to adjust (it doesn't remember my units).

I wish (on app and web) I could change portion sizes in recipes. Sometimes they need a tweek without having to re-enter an item all together.

Oh, and still, recent is very much not recent on the app.

Keep it up! Still looking better than before! :)
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options

I wish (on app and web) I could change portion sizes in recipes.

not quite this but if entering an item in a recipe, and then realise that I put in the wrong quantity (eg 100g of flour instead of 150g) I have to delete the entire item rather than being able to amend the quantity. This isn't a 'new' issue, but it would really improve the frustrations of entering recipes!