might be TMI but....questions about monthly cycle

Options
hookilau
hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
Again, this may be TMI so I apologize in advance....

This is my first full month of trying to control my BG's. I thought I was doing well but the last couple of days, the tight control I had been enjoying seems to slowly be taking a downward spiral. I've read that one's cycle can play havoc with blood sugar & I'm wondering how other women deal with this and what the general consensus is about how long this lasts.

While I do realize that everyone's different, I guess I'm looking for reassurances about what I can do if anything.

During the past 3ish wks, I had been able to go for a quick 'shuffle-run' after meals to bring my BG down from 140ish mg/dl to around 100 mg/dl. These last couple of days, I haven't been able to get it down more than 10 mg/dl after a run and if it DOES go down, it shoots back up during the next 2ish hours or so.

I'm way low on the starchy carbs right now and only have toast & cheese just before lifting at the gym.
I have to admit, I haven't been logging since the dx since my focus has shifted from calorie counting.

Replies

• nvstlrgrl
    nvstlrgrl Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    My sugars do tend to fluctuate depending on where I am in my cycle. I have noticed it helpful to increase my cardio a bit more when the numbers are higher. It helps a bit, but yes I totally understand where you are coming from. Just keep checking them and within a couple of months you will learn when in your cycle you have to work harder to keep them down.
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I have noticed mine can go up a bit too. I get migraines before and after though - so I think that may affect it as well.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    O blahhhh :ohwell:
    This sucks more than ever, lol.
    I've stopped running and my BG's are back down to my high-normal range, round 120mg/dl.

I think it might be too much for this ol' body to take :smokin:

So I just took it easy, didn't run, but did continue my with my lifting program and my BG's are not in the 180's anymore.

Isn't that a hoot? I actually have a reason NOT to exercise, for a couple of days anyhow :laugh: