Alcohol ??

Options
qtrhrse1
qtrhrse1 Posts: 19 Member
I have been on program for 4 days and have lost 1 lb yesterday said four today said one. Tom we are going on our first poker run if I drink alcohol will I really mess things up. I usually don't drink but this is a special event. So it would just be for Tom and maybe one tonight. Any suggestions ? Thanks keri

Replies

• Bailey532
    Bailey532 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I would def not have beer! If you must drink, have a diet coke and rum? Tequila? If I drink I always order tequila with a diet something. It's great with Dr. Pepper! We are going to a really fancy event tomorrow and there are desserts and roasted herb butter potatoes :sad: Oreo cake pops is one of the desserts. Lord help me, because I have been doing great and am so close to goal I can taste it! I'm doomed.... :noway:
  • stephcollins91
    stephcollins91 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I had about 3 beers over the weekend of my first week of atkins/low carb :S oops although it is no doubt soooo bad for low carb diet I still lost lb's and went right back to the diet after that little indulgence.

I don't think you would continue to loose lb's for that day or two, but you wouldn't be depriving yourself so badly. I don't know about you but if i deprive myself of everything I end up not seeing myself doing it long term and quitting?

How about vodka and fresh orange juice? you don't feel deprived because its so delicious. Obviously watch the amount still cus of the carbs in orange juice.
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    If you consume orange juice, and low carbing in the early phase, you WILL NOT lose weight. IMO if you're inducting, you should avoid alcohol because it will stall you, no matter how low carb you may think your alcoholic beverage is. If not having alcohol for 14 days is a deal breaker, then perhaps Atkins is not for you. Oftentimes people wonder why the scale isn't moving, and there's always a factor of forbidden foods/drinks.