May 11th

Options
How is everyone doing today?
I'll be doing my Plyo Cardio soon. Dreading it already ;)

Replies

• aletadiana
    aletadiana Posts: 54
    Options
    Just finished. I am not a fan of this one. Especially not right now because I feel like could die a little. ugh! I got through it, but the level one drills were brutal. I paused between every one and did child's pose for a good minute and a half! And that was with the pushups on my knees....It's going to take me a while to do that routine even close to the same speed they do it on the video!

But at least I pushed through!
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Same here! Level 1 drills are way too fast for me. Child's pose it was :)
    But I feel like I did better than the first time I did Plyo.

So happy about Rest Day tomorrow!
  • jess_1993
    jess_1993 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Is pure cardio and cardio abs a combination of both workouts? (I downloaded them seperately off of youtube)
  • chasero
    chasero Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Day 6: Plyometric Cardio Circuit

Was a nice break from the Pure Cardio from yesterday. However, I felt sluggish through the entire video, legs were heavy. Surprisingly, I wasn't sore when I woke up this morning, I was tight everywhere, just minus the pain. I'm thinkin' it's because I adjusted my caloric intake and managed to get around 2,180 calories, helping me to recover a little better. As for the sluggish feeling, not sure on that; I ate oatmeal (2 packets of great value oatmeal) around 6:40 AM this mornin' and worked out around 10:11 AM, shouldn't have affected me being sluggish. I'll have to see how it pans out during next week. Congrats on all of y'all for completing Week 1!
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    Options
    Jess, there are 2 different workouts, however, on some days you are supposed to do Pure Cardio first, then Cario Abs: on day 13, 17, 22, 26.

In your 2nd month, you combine Cardio Abs with Max Cardio Conditioning on some days.
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    Options
    Chasero, I was sore, too, yesterday, but not today. Go figure.
  • jess_1993
    jess_1993 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Okay thanks for the response!

Well I just did Pure Cardio today and it was killer! I had to stop a couple of times (but finished!) because I thought I was going to puke (but I didnt!). Plyometric circuit tomorrow, can't wait!

(By the way I don't use a heart monitor, does anyone know of a good online calculator to try and calculate how many calories insanity burns? Thanks!)

Keep it up guys! We're just one day closer to our goal every day!
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    Options
    I don't own a heart rate monitor either. I use "circuit training" for calculating burned calories (I always subtract the last stretch though). I logged Cardio Recovery as yoga, because that's what it reminded me of.
  • ellew70
    ellew70 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Just finished. I am not a fan of this one. Especially not right now because I feel like could die a little. ugh! I got through it, but the level one drills were brutal. I paused between every one and did child's pose for a good minute and a half! And that was with the pushups on my knees....It's going to take me a while to do that routine even close to the same speed they do it on the video!

But at least I pushed through!

I did too... after feeling like i had the strongest warm up yet and a really good first set of intervals. And then that second set just wrecked me! But I have to say, I already feel a *little* (very little) bit stronger
  • anokte
    anokte Posts: 12
    Options
    That second set in the Plyo Circuit destroys me, too! It's the absolute worst part of any of the month 1 workouts, at least for me.
  • jenjar44
    jenjar44 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I don't own a heart rate monitor either. I use "circuit training" for calculating burned calories (I always subtract the last stretch though). I logged Cardio Recovery as yoga, because that's what it reminded me of.

I also logged both things the same. I think it is the most accurate!