Clean Eating Beginner

Options
QuirkyCutie
QuirkyCutie Posts: 1 Member
Im having a hard time finding foods that are truly "clean" outside of fruits and veggies. I would like to add additional options to my meals to keep from getting bored with foods (my main reason for weight loss failure!) Any suggestions?

Replies

• carrie3083
    carrie3083 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi there, you can add me as a friend if you like. My diary is open to friends.
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    You found the right group. There is an eat clean website and an eat clean magazine. I have one of Tosca Reno's cookbooks. I find the magazine really helpful. I bought one in March 2011 and referred to it all year before I ever bought the cookbook. It has recipes and weekly menus to follow and tweak to your taste.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    There are several good websites and blogs out there... 100Daysofrealfood.com and eatingbirdfood.com are two of my favorites.

Also, the book Eating Clean for Dummies has a lot of great recipe ideas as well.

A lot of the meals that my husband and I make are just ourfavorite recipes, tweaked enough to be clean (or close to it), so we don't feel like we have given anything up.

Good luck and feel free to peruse my diary (just keep in mind I tend to only eat 70% to 80% clean most of the time :smile: ).
  • LillyBoots
    LillyBoots Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Feel free to look through my diary. I rarely eat processed food. Though I'm a bit of a dull eater. More power to you for going the clean option and not the chemical filled low fat option. :smile:
  • Tme2change
    Tme2change Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a buddy and look through my diary as well..I have my on and off days. But I try and limit my intake of processed foods. I'm slowly getting them out of the house. Soon they won't know the difference :-)
    In fact my son is looking forward to this coming weekend and helping me make homemade toaster scramblers. But back to you, I look at the ingredient list in order for me to consider something "clean" I have to be able to pronounce everything and recognize the ingredients and the fewer the better. I do buy a lot of organic foods, the natural food section in your local grocer can offer you a lot of clean options as well.
  • RelativeChaos00
    RelativeChaos00 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    There is a blog called "The Gracious Pantry" that was one of my first introductions to clean eating. The lady that runs it posts new recipes very regularly. They are incredibly varied and taste amazing, I go there for the vast majority of what I cook. Not sure what I'd do without it and I highly recommend it!
  • libertygirlfla
    libertygirlfla Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Many of us have recipes on Pintrest, too. One of my favorites is baked oatmeal. It can be done so many ways and is sooooo good. Most recipes you already make can be altered to use organic or healthier ingredients. A bit of trial and error and lots of suggestions for new recipes will go a long way. Good luck! :flowerforyou: