Options
ukgirly01
ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
What's your favourite exercises? Mine is the clean and jerk- I love it

Replies

• Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    I would like to learn this, along with OHP, and a few other compound upper body lifts.

I really like Barbell rows, and Deadlifts (FINALLY after getting ahold of my form)

I really like doing the barbell curls... only because my baby biceps pop out a little and I like looking at myself in the mirror :laugh: :blushing:
  • MissyK222
    MissyK222 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I have'nt tried dead lifts yet (I'm still a beginner :smile: ) but I do love to see my muscles poping when I do curls. I really love leg presses, mainly becuase my legs are so much stronger so I can do heavier weigt for my legs lol what is clean and jerk??
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    I have'nt tried dead lifts yet (I'm still a beginner :smile: ) but I do love to see my muscles poping when I do curls. I really love leg presses, mainly becuase my legs are so much stronger so I can do heavier weigt for my legs lol what is clean and jerk??

nnxpcegb.gif
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options

nnxpcegb.gif

Haha that's great
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFSBGIPMa9A

Clip on c&j here
  • MinnieLou92
    MinnieLou92 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Stiff legged deadlifts!
  • MarshmallowLegs
    MarshmallowLegs Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    hmmmmmm choices choices.... maybe barbell squats!
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts and squats are my favorite.
  • justfine2009
    justfine2009 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm just getting started at exercising and so far I'm enjoying running on the treadmill. I'm up to 2 miles 2 times a week and loving it!!! Who knew.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts and bench press. Yup, those.
  • shellyb17
    shellyb17 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Bench Presses!
  • kducotey
    kducotey Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Dead lifts and squats. I love working my legs and I just feel so powerful when I do them! <3 Fellow women lifters feel free to add me :)
  • a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    C&j as well. There is just something about having all that weight over your head that makes me feel all awesome and buff.

DL are a close second, for a similar reason - tons of weight, grrrr.
  • Mocha1121
    Mocha1121 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Exactly what is Clean and Jerk?
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Deadlift... hands down, the queen of lifts! And if I didn't have such shoulder instability problems, overhead dumbbell press. Clean and jerk is the move you see the kiddo doing in the animated gif up above.

Here's my favorite "what's that exercise?" page's description of it: http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/OlympicLifts/CleanAndJerk.html

I don't do o-lifts, because the explosive nature is bad for my joints, but if you can do 'em, awesome! They will only make you more indestructible.:drinker:
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Definitely Deadlifts!
  • Kate814
    Kate814 Posts: 145
    Options
    Squats all the way :)
  • Dalnurse
    Options
    Deadlifts....
  • Dalnurse
    Options
    Sorry, trying out the upload photo option
  • AntiSocialyte
    AntiSocialyte Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts and kettlebell hack squats. I can't even believe how much improvement I've made since I started doing those two exercises.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Straight leg deadlifts...mmm...hams