Best GERD Snacks!

Options
Jayne19099
Jayne19099 Posts: 149 Member
Sooo, I used to be someone who would sit at my desk and munch on baby carrots and green beans all day! Now, I find that I don't want to eat those foods anymore because they aggravate my stomach :sad:. I am having a hard time coming up with snack foods that I can eat and feel good afterwards. Anyone found some yummy low calorie snacks?!?!? :happy:

I've got bananas and yogurt on the list now, maybe boiled eggs would be good too.

Replies

• peniculala
    peniculala Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is Blue Diamond Smokehouse Almonds. They are about the most flavorful thing I can eat these days. Some people have problems with nuts though. However, I love them. Bananas are on my list. Any non-citrus fruit is good. Pineapple especially. Granola is good too. If you can do dairy, low cal cheese is also good. Applesauce. I also like bean chips. Not sure if any of this is what you are looking for. But, I hope it helps.
  • Jayne19099
    Options
    No this is great! :bigsmile: I forgot about applesauce, I'm going to get some. I'm not a huge nut fan, I do really like almond butter on bananas though. Pineapple and peaches work for me too. Sprouts would probably be good. I'll have to see if I can find bean chips, never heard of those. I think they would be great for the fiber, since I don't eat as many veggies I'm getting a wee bit back up. :blushing:
  • irenehof
    irenehof Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I used to eat alot of veggies at my desk. Now, I find if I "nuke" them for a minute or two, I can tolerate them. I also add in some homemade hummus. (or any bean dip).
  • Jayne19099
    Options
    I am going to try nuking the veggies for a minute. Maybe tomorrow morning I will pick up a pack of baby carrots before work :)
  • Piranascuisine
    Piranascuisine Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love rice cakes, and poppadoms are quite low in fat and very satisfyingly crunchy. I also love love LOVE nori sheets crumbled into and onto almost anything, plus they are a great wrapper.