Starting off on Atkins...

2»

Replies

• jennyrae719
    jennyrae719 Posts: 129
    They do make a no sugar added sweet gherkin and bread and butter pickle, very very low carb. I eat those because I dont like dill :)
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    I don't like the dill either and use the no sugar/sweet gherkin in my wraps, which is less than 1g carb. i haven't seen the no sugar bread & butter, but I haven't looked for them.
  • Butterfly2022MD
    Butterfly2022MD Posts: 246 Member
    I am on day 1 of induction
  • CoCoMa
    I am on day 1 of induction

Welcome to the LC life!
  • focus1232
    focus1232 Posts: 8 Member
    Thanks for the advice!!! The atkins bars (more the 2x a week and only half a bar at a time) or it will stall my weight loss. I have been on induction for 11.5 weeks. I have lost 42lbs 35 of those are from the 11 weeks on extended induction. My fav snack is still string cheese, however, I really enjoy it if I cut it into 4 pieces and grill it on the stove top! yummy. I feel 100% emotional and physically. I can walk for longer distances without feeling like I'm going to pass out. I no longer use one of those store scooters in the store!!!! I walk and take breaks in the pharmacy area of the store if needed due to back pain. I never ever want to go back!!!! It is just amazing for me. Add me and we can support each other!
  • CoCoMa
    Thanks for the advice!!! The atkins bars (more the 2x a week and only half a bar at a time) or it will stall my weight loss. I have been on induction for 11.5 weeks. I have lost 42lbs 35 of those are from the 11 weeks on extended induction. My fav snack is still string cheese, however, I really enjoy it if I cut it into 4 pieces and grill it on the stove top! yummy. I feel 100% emotional and physically. I can walk for longer distances without feeling like I'm going to pass out. I no longer use one of those store scooters in the store!!!! I walk and take breaks in the pharmacy area of the store if needed due to back pain. I never ever want to go back!!!! It is just amazing for me. Add me and we can support each other!

That's so awesome, congrats on your progress!! I love string cheese too, but never thought about grilling it. Thanks for the tip! You've inspired me to get back to basics. It seems the simpler my meal plans are, the better.
  • beckybermingham
    beckybermingham Posts: 4 Member
    Feeling so motivated by this!!! WOW what a loss!!!! here is hoping i do well... i have been eating the bars for the last week and drank lots of diet drink... so i think i know my next steps will be :( not sure if i can cope with no sweetness in my life any suggestions of sweet things that wont hinder me???
  • nikkim19781
    nikkim19781 Posts: 45 Member
    Hi all! I'm also thinking of starting the Atkins next week. I have been eating great and working out 6 days a week, Zumba 3 of those days and weight lifting two of those days. I have seen results just not as quickly as I had hoped. I'd love to friend and look a t some journals that could help me down lots of protein and not so many carbs! (My ultimate weakness)
  • Scubanana7
    Scubanana7 Posts: 361 Member
    google low-carb recipes. I make pancakes using flax and ground almonds. Add a little walden sugar and carb-free syrup.....Heavenly breakfast with scrambled eggs!

I also mix up some protein (low carb) powder, vanilla or coconut extract, stevia, hershey's cocoa, grass-fed butter, coconut oil, ground almonds and flax. Just add a scoop of protein powder, a tbs of everything else. If it is too wet, add more dry stuff. too dry, add a few drops of water. just get it to mix up stiff enough to roll into balls. if it is still oily, roll it in some more gound almonds. Put on a dish and stick in fridge. This is my snack candy if I want something sweet. Very low carb full of good fats, fiber, and protein. just experiment until you find the right taste for you.

I keep a batch in the fridge at all times. They are a great sweet or something to grab when you have let youself get too hungry!

ALSO look up muffins in minute. I haven't microwaved any like they say, but have baked different kinds and they are awesome. aLSO, "oopsie bread' recipe. This is WONDERFUL alternative to bread. cheap to make and even my skinny hubby loves it. There is even a utube video showing exactly how to make it. I use it for sandwiches, even just warmed a piece and threw the walden syrup on it when I was too lazy to whip up some pancakes!

there are amazing bread and sweets options for even Induction phase. They have kept me sane, satisfied, and made me forget about cheating on junk sweets or bread products. wheat has been banned from my life and I don't intend to eat it again even when I am skinny. good luck.
  • eileenhernandez456
    eileenhernandez456 Posts: 16 Member
    great that his board exists! i wish myfitnesspal and atkins were more integrated!!! anyone else feel the same? Also, does anyone have any good Atkins phone apps they can recommend?
  • CoCoMa
    Feeling so motivated by this!!! WOW what a loss!!!! here is hoping i do well... i have been eating the bars for the last week and drank lots of diet drink... so i think i know my next steps will be :( not sure if i can cope with no sweetness in my life any suggestions of sweet things that wont hinder me???

For a sweet treat, I use cream cheese, Hershey's unsweetened cocoa powder and stevia (or Splenda). It's a decadent sweet treat. You can add almond butter for PB and chocolate, add nuts. There is also Low carb ziplock ice cream, which is really simple. You can add chocolate, or berries to the ice cream. I also made almond cookies using almond flour. If you're interested, I can share some of the recipes.
  • CoCoMa
    great that his board exists! i wish myfitnesspal and atkins were more integrated!!! anyone else feel the same? Also, does anyone have any good Atkins phone apps they can recommend?

I totally agree! Having to calculate the net carbs is a pain, but I am at the point where I can pretty much do it in my head, since I eat the same thing on most days. I have the Atkins carb counter app, but I don't really use it. I also have a low glycemic app, which is pretty much like a carb counter, but it's a bust :ohwell:
  • Butterfly2022MD
    Butterfly2022MD Posts: 246 Member
    I started induction again this week. It is a necessity to curb the carb cravings.