Week #3 Schedule

Options
ghsfitnesspal
ghsfitnesspal Posts: 260 Member
kicking off week 3 :)

Meant to do the second fit test tonight - can someone remind me how long it is? I get home at 5.20, and donate blood at 6.40... tryin' to work out whether I have time to have a shower and calm my heart rate down before donating :)

I never have any problems, I'm one of those people who dont have any reaction to donating luckily so that's not worrying me. Might leave tomorrow's Plyometric Cardio Circuit til the evening though, rather than 6am

Replies

• JoyfullySimpleFit
    Options
    Fit test is about 26mins long.
  • JoyfullySimpleFit
    Options
    Week 3 Schedule
    Day 1: Fit Test
    Day 2: Plyometric Cardio Circuit
    Day 3: Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs
    Day 4: Cardio Recovery
    Day 5: Cardio Power & Resistance
    Day 6: Plyometric Cardio Circuit
    Day 7: Rest Day

Week 3 video from Shaun T.
    Take a look at this video from Shaun T. http://youtu.be/PG3-UakZXxE
  • ghsfitnesspal
    Options
    Superb, I can definitely fit than into the hour before donating, and have time to shower and cool down, thanks for replying :)

Looking forward to this week, I really like the Plyo session!
  • katieuk
    katieuk Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I started week 3 today and did the fit test I definitely saw results.

The first figure was week 1 the second figure was today:

Switch Kicks: 53 / 57
    Power Jacks: 59 / 60
    Power Knees: 90 / 104
    Power Jumps: 28 / 39
    Globe Jumps: 11 / 12
    Suicide Jumps: 18 / 22
    Push-up Jacks: 14 / 18.5
    Low Plank Oblique: 44 / 57

I am happy with that :smile:
  • ironpudge
    ironpudge Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Way to go everyone! @Katieuk, excellent numbers! Monday seemed to come and go pretty fast let's keep pressing play!
  • ghsfitnesspal
    Options
    Well done Katie! I did mine this morning and whilst I did worse on suicide jumps, I got dizzy jumping a lot, I think from donating blood last night so I slowed it right down. getting so much stronger on the low plank obliques though. We rock!

Switch Kicks 58 66
    Power Jacks 30 33
    Power Knees 63 69
    Power Jumps 18 19
    Globe Jumps 7 7
    Suicide Jumps 10 9 (became dizzy)
    Push-Up Jacks 6 10
    Low Plank Oblique 19 30
  • ghsfitnesspal
    Options
    Oh and randomly - some measurements gone down, some gone up! Right thigh and calf increased by 2cm and 1cm, and the others lost by about 1cm. Also gone up 3lb, so we'll see how it goes by the end of the month :)
  • ekamaseca
    ekamaseca Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My fit test results from yesterday :D

Switch Kicks: 74
    Power Jacks: 48
    Power Knees: 90
    Power Jumps: 36
    Globe Jumps: 10
    Suicide Jumps: 13
    Push-up Jacks: 16
    Low Plank: 17
  • mnwelch
    mnwelch Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My fit test:
    Switch Kicks: 26/36
    Power Jacks: 27/33
    Power Knees: 49/66
    Power Jumps: 11/14
    Globe Jumps: 5/7
    Suicide Jumps: 6/9
    Push-up Jacks: 3/7
    Low Plank Oblique: 10/18
  • mnwelch
    mnwelch Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    What's your favorite exercise? I like the wide football stance.
  • KristaHuyer
    KristaHuyer Posts: 57
    Options
    Nice work everyone! I have my fit test tomorrow, and taking measurements tomorrow morning as well! Is it normal to not see any results in measurements in the first 15 days?
  • ghsfitnesspal
    Options
    OW I've done something painful to my right inner leg sort of area...not pulled a muscle, it feels like a joint or tendon is in the wrong place. Can't lift my left leg up at all or take big steps. Looked light a right muppet getting into the car!

Plyo this morning couldn't do knee lifts, mountain climbers, or plank runs, so I just did tiny movements for the first two and lunge skis for the last...there're stairs at work so I'm climbing like a baby, one step at a time!

On other forums I've seen it mentioned that there isn't much of a difference in the first month :-/ maybe if you were doing similar activites before, you'd stay similar?
  • JoyfullySimpleFit
    Options
    Did you know? Doing intense interval workouts that involve raising the heart rate (above threshold) and then recovering can increase metabolism.
    So this week, focus on getting your heart rate up during the intervals and push yourself a little harder!
  • boberrymom
    boberrymom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Nice work everyone! I have my fit test tomorrow, and taking measurements tomorrow morning as well! Is it normal to not see any results in measurements in the first 15 days?

Hey we are on the same day!!! Sweet!!! I have fit test today too! My personal goal for fit test is to see if i can do some of the exercises better. I know for a fact that my switch kicks were not very high at all so i'm going to use this fit test today and my true start for some of the exercises like switch kicks. I'm so happy to find someone that's on the same day!!! This is so awesome!!!

Jess
  • ghsfitnesspal
    Options
    I'm only one day ahead of you Jess! same here too - the switch kicks I counted were no where near as high as they were doing so improvement is the focus :)

Good luck for your fit test!
  • boberrymom
    boberrymom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I just finished fit test and I am so impressed! I got a new more accurate count on my switch kicks which were way more powerful and higher and everything else improved. I also found that i didn't feel like i was going to die for 10 minutes after lol, i really enjoyed the stretching this time rather that trying to still just be able to breathe so i'm definitely stronger.
    my pushup jacks are way stronger too as i can get down almost to the floor.
    So happy with my fit test! Onward and upward!
  • ghsfitnesspal
    Options
    Pure cardio this morning and I wish I had a mute button for when Sean T is saying how 'scared he is for what's coming' but ignoring him works :P I altered the press jacks for just presses and switch kicks for just alternate leg raises, to accommodate my groin/leg weirdness but it'll be back to normal soon!
  • JoyfullySimpleFit
    Options
    Some weekly MOTIVATION for you guys: Its Day 4 of Week 3 for most of us. :D

Have fun with your INSANITY Wall Calendar and check off each day as you go along. It's a fun way to chart your progress and keep you motivated. (OR try to photo copy it if you want the original to stay new).
  • amy_36
    amy_36 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I am disappointed. I had to skip last nights workout. I am so exhausted. When I did Plyo on Tuesday I was a sloppy mess. I figured it was better to take a break than to do things incorrectly and injure myself. Anyone else feeling super exhausted? I have to workout late at night. I think that is what is happening, I am tired when I start because its 9:30 at night. Then I get hyped up from the workout and can't fall asleep until 11:30 or midnight. I am not getting enough sleep. 6 hours is not enough while doing this intense workout. My hubby and I are trying to figure out how to fit it in earlier in the evening. It may mean we don't do it together. I love the motivation of someone doing it with me though. Hmmm....
  • JoyfullySimpleFit
    Options
    I am disappointed. I had to skip last nights workout. I am so exhausted. When I did Plyo on Tuesday I was a sloppy mess. I figured it was better to take a break than to do things incorrectly and injure myself. Anyone else feeling super exhausted? I have to workout late at night. I think that is what is happening, I am tired when I start because its 9:30 at night. Then I get hyped up from the workout and can't fall asleep until 11:30 or midnight. I am not getting enough sleep. 6 hours is not enough while doing this intense workout. My hubby and I are trying to figure out how to fit it in earlier in the evening. It may mean we don't do it together. I love the motivation of someone doing it with me though. Hmmm....

It actually sounds like that is the issue. you need a min. 7 hrs but its recommended to get 8hrs of sleep per night. I know when I don't get enough I feel exhausted and I usually bonk out and have to take a nap....which never makes me feel good. Try to see what you can do because sleep is also very important!