1st day experience

Options
2»

Replies

• preeti77
    preeti77 Posts: 18
    Options
    First session completed and I must admit half way through I wanted to turn it off! But I kept going
    I'm off swimming later too so let's see how I feel in the morning.

We can do this!!! :)
  • Need2lose456
    Need2lose456 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Wasn't too bad as I didn't push myself as hard as I could've - got 2hrs of Taekwondo this evening too! Don't want to hurt myself.

Good idea about putting on your own workout music (:

Anyone else using cans of beans as weights? I feel silly but they definitely work!

Im using cans of beans! lol, too lazy to dig into boxes in the garage for weights :)

Haha I don't have any weights at all! I'm a poor student :) haha

Apparently coke bottle filled with water works well too
  • Need2lose456
    Options
    how are we logging this in our diary :wink:
    Circuit training
  • Need2lose456
    Options
    i was going to start tommoro but im feeling so motivated now that when the wee one goes down and the older one is in bed im going to give it a go tonight :happy: ill let u all know how i get on :flowerforyou:

That's awesome to hear! Means that he group is working :)
  • niteal2
    niteal2 Posts: 14
    Options
    Circuit training, general ;)
  • innocenceportrayed
    innocenceportrayed Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Please everyone get heart rate monitors if you don't already have it. Using MFP logging what they assume you burn is always too high or too low. I used to log my running using their numbers and when I got a heart rate monitor, MFP was always off by 200 calories more than what I actually burned.
  • Metallux
    Metallux Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad this group got started right on the same day I started!!

I just made use of an old blanket this morning on the concrete floor at my studio, 6 am....good thing no one else was in the building to hear!

My arms were so shakey at the end I couldn't really use them for an hour. and the sad part is I didn't even use any weights! :laugh: the pushups killed me. so did the bicycle crunches.
  • Kphenderson
    Kphenderson Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    My first day experience was acutally not that bad. It could be because I did the first level before so I knew what to expect. Also I didn't have my weights with me so I had to use something light. It still burned and I'll probably be feeling more of it tomorrow. I'm lookng forward to giving it all I got these next 29 days!

Anyone doing other exercise besides the shred? I'm trying to also do 4-5 days of cardio(maybe a 1.5 mile walk/run) as well. Also trying to eat clean.

Hope everyone is staying on track!
  • elm7f
    elm7f Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    "Hey Buddies" ugh.... I hate to hear Jillian say "Buddy". However I am loving 30 DS. I did day 8 of level one today and feel like I'm doing much better than the first few days. I still can't do all regular push-ups but that's the only one I have to modify half way through. I think this work out is the perfect balance of time and intensity. My husband is in the last final weeks of insanity. I tried to do it with him in the beginning but it was too hard and too long. I'm optimistic that I can actually make it the whole 30 days of the shred. I just hope I see results!
  • elm7f
    elm7f Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Please everyone get heart rate monitors if you don't already have it. Using MFP logging what they assume you burn is always too high or too low. I used to log my running using their numbers and when I got a heart rate monitor, MFP was always off by 200 calories more than what I actually burned.

I don't have extra money for a HR monitor at this time. Heck..I only own one sports bra and it needed to be washed this morning so I did without! But I am curious how many calories yours says you burnt. I logged under circuit training for 25 min. I think MFP gave me like 125 calories. I'd love to invest in a monitor one day because I'm so curious.
  • vickiheard1
    vickiheard1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I did day 4 today. I wasn't too sore after the first day but after that yes and I am still sore. I am also doing the C25k and walking on the off days! I like having a group of ppl doing the same thing!
  • innocenceportrayed
    innocenceportrayed Posts: 569 Member
    Options

I don't have extra money for a HR monitor at this time. Heck..I only own one sports bra and it needed to be washed this morning so I did without! But I am curious how many calories yours says you burnt. I logged under circuit training for 25 min. I think MFP gave me like 125 calories. I'd love to invest in a monitor one day because I'm so curious.

I only own one sports bra too and it's getting worn out. The HRM I bought was only like $40 I think, got it off Amazon and it's decent. You put in your weight and height and strap it around ya and it calculates and stores it all for you. Because I kept pausing the screen without pausing the monitor, mine went 33 minutes and at my weight and height I burned 301 calories, but my heart rate also got up to 182 and as low as 125 so it's an awesome thing to invest in because if you're doing cardio you really don't want your heart rate to get up too high for too long.
  • sjlocklear
    sjlocklear Posts: 88
    Options
    I made it thru day 1!!! I have the hardest time doing push ups, I used 3lb weight and there were time I felt like throwing them thru the tv,,,,,lol.

REady for day 2 this afternoon
  • ruby1387
    ruby1387 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Did it for a 8 days in October, then quit. Started last week but quit again. Started today again, and determined to stick to it this time. Struggling a lot with the pushups.
  • natski_83
    natski_83 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Completed day 1 last night, yipee for me!! I'm a little sore today between the shoulder blades, but I use 10lb weights so that is probably why. I did bootcamp till about mid-March so I need something heavier for the lifting. I didn't like the push ups, but I don't know who does.

Looking forward to day 2 tonight.
  • jalbert86
    jalbert86 Posts: 7
    Options
    did day one yesterday with 5 pound weights. i am just starting to exercise again after almost 3 years and gaining a lot of weight so i had to stop a couple times. i am a little sore today but am going for day 2 this afternoon! im also doing c25k on top of this. havent figured out a good schedule to do the two together. do any of you do both and how many days for each a week? and do you do them on the same days? thanks!
  • alhunt8587
    alhunt8587 Posts: 157
    Options
    This is my second time doing 30DS, so I figured it would be a piece of cake...haha...WRONG! It was definitely easier than last time in the sense that I am able to do the exercises better and didn't have to stop in the middle of exercises...but it still kicked my butt and had my legs shaking by the end of it! I'm sooo glad this is still a challenge because I love this workout and it really does "shred" fat!!

Oh, and I noticed that some of you mentioned getting bored...I never listen to Jillian...she will bore you to death!! Mute her and turn on some upbeat tunes and you will love it! :)
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Today, D1, was awesome! I'm a little sore, and I expect it will be much worse tomorrow (takes me about 24 hours to feel sore from a workout). My legs are already sore (from a move I enjoy and add to the Shred that JM does in another DVD). The lunges were the worst part for me, but I know they will be a cinch in about 6 days time. :laugh:
    Did it for a 8 days in October, then quit. Started last week but quit again. Started today again, and determined to stick to it this time. Struggling a lot with the pushups.
    Ruby, when I first did the Shred I couldn't do a SINGLE real push up. But the end I could do about 5 in a row! Today I was able to do about 6 or 7 before switching to my knees. My record is 13 in a row. You will get there in time!
  • SarahL522
    SarahL522 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I just completed day 1 at level 1. That was a pretty good workout for 20min. What's the plan with this video? I don't want to invest in the online training thing. Does anyone else pay for that? How many days a week am I supposed to be doing this video? The push-ups are the worst for me. I can only do 7 girl push-ups lol. It's ok I'm super impressed with my self to even do that many. I can't wait till I can do 1 full push up.