Back on the wagon

Options
3lilkids
3lilkids Posts: 90 Member
After months of eating poorly, and an absolutely horrid weekend, and a massive weight gain, the time has come to do something, again. I realize that I am a near 50 year old female, and that I don't need to have the body of a 20 year old. I do, however, wish I had worked out more as a younger woman. Oh well. In one month from today, we are headed for Colorado for a family reunion. 6 months ago I had hit my mid-life lowest weight of 120, and this morning I am at 135, again. Ugh! No one to blame but myself. No more added sugar or grains for me. Got my 4 mile walk in this morning, and it was gorgeous. Would love to run again, I miss it. Just don't know if my body can handle it. Might start back on the weight training, helps with the metabolism, and it makes me feel good. Wish the dh would join me for exercise. I will not nag. Do I need to be a size 2? No! I do, however, need to feel good about myself.
I have noticed that since I've been back on sugar and grains, my stomach makes lots of noise again, and I have regular stomach upset. Not good. This morning I woke so bloated and full feeling, I didn't think I would need to eat at all today. Unfortunately, when I got in from my walk I was more than hungry. Eggs, sausage, mushrooms and spinach did the job. Lots of water today. Apple and cheese for late snack, and I'm hungry again. Maybe salad for lunch? Body just needs to make the adjustment again. Why do I do this to myself?