Medifast w/ exercising

Options
I just started medifast & I walk 4-5x a day burning about 600 calories. How is this going to work with doing medifast? Do I need to stop?

Replies

• fitmama2e
    fitmama2e Posts: 19
    Options
    I would recommend talking to your health coach. I had to cut back on excercising which made the weightloss easier. When I'm training for races I add in extra protein, but eventually had to move to a 4&2 plan. If you go over all your habits/routines with your coach they can tell you the best plan based on your lifestyle.
  • cwall11
    cwall11 Posts: 3
    Options
    lol.. Well then I guess I need to get a coach.. I think I opted out when i signed up.
  • dugrn
    dugrn Posts: 47
    Options
    you can also go to the general medifast board and ask a question in the general exercise support forum. here is the link

http://forums.medifastcommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?31-Exercise-amp-Training-Assistance
  • MCLA4mom
    MCLA4mom Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I generally tell my clients to cut their exercise in half in duration and in intensity for at leas the first three weeks of their program. that way they are in a good strong fat burn before they add low intensity exercise into their program. It's not enough calories to sustain a lot of exercise. WHen someone wants to train for something we do something more individualized with the help of nutrition support or the weekly doctors conference call we have access to on TSFL. Be careful using forums for info. There is A LOT of misinformation out there.
    Best
    Jennifer
  • sstratto01
    sstratto01 Posts: 23
    Options
    I have heard that exercise (especially at the beginning) can slow you down for weight loss. My theory would be the extra energy needs your body has will then somehow affect the ketosis state you are looking to achieve.

I had very quick loss and did not increase exercise until late in the program (after over a month).

good luck on the program.