PLease help, think osmething may be wrong

Options
mfisher16508
mfisher16508 Posts: 269 Member
KK, I am a little over a year out Roux en Y, nothing major happened, had a few strictures, and then gallbladder out in march, no biggie, was expected....

PROBLEM the past few days is a horrible bloated feeling right below xyphoid process (breast bone), pain is ridiculous, and I look prego, thought I was backed up, took some laxatives, cleaned out and pain and bloat still there, upper abdomen is hard and distened, I have nausea but that is from the pain,

I have a call out to surgeon, same surgeon did both surgeries, I think I need a EGD, also the pain goes into my back, kidney area, but I dont believe its kidneys, no fever or anything that would suggest infection, blood work from another issue was all WNL...

Has ne1 else had this happen

Replies

• dxm2
    dxm2 Posts: 4
    Options
    I've never had that happen, but I am only 7 weeks out from my RnY. Keep calling your surgeon and or your primary care physician until you can get someone to see you.
  • MaggyMaizy2
    MaggyMaizy2 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Please let us know how you are!
  • TheMobileMom
    TheMobileMom Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hoping all is well. :smile:
  • healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    maybe a visit to the ER if the pain is too bad. that is what they are there for. Better than having something really serious happen during the night. At least they could run some tests for your surgeon to see first thing in the morning.
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    call the surgeon and get to the hospital , thats NOT NORMAL!!
  • VaingloriousVictoria
    VaingloriousVictoria Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Are you okay?
  • itsjustmedeb
    itsjustmedeb Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wow, I guess I should be reading the message boards more frequently. For the past week I have been having severe abdominal pain/cramping that radiated around to my lower back (kidney area) and Thursday when I just couldn't stand the pain any longer I went to the doctor. Doctor thinks possible "diverticulitis" so orders a CT for the next day. Next day go for CT in the early afternoon and by late afternoon, I'm getting call for doctor saying it's not diverticulitis after all but a "internal abdominal hernia" and requires surgery within the next week!

So, if you haven't done so already please go see your doctor asap! We have worked to hard at getting healthy to get sick. Good luck.:flowerforyou:
  • russlynne
    russlynne Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    This happens to me when I eat more than 1/4 c ice cream or drink milk. PAINFUL