Forget the scale - my Stage 1 Results (pics)

Options
phizzylizzy
phizzylizzy Posts: 94 Member
I've been lurking on MFP for a few years, making maybe 4 posts in that time. Today is the day I finally have real progress to share!

On Saturday I finished the last scheduled workout of Stage 1, and I feel fantastic! I am doing AMRAP tonight, not necessarily for the workout (technically, this is my “rest” week), but because I feel so proud of the gains I've made with weights. I never thought such a thing would excite me so much, but I tell ya – I walk into the weight room like I own it. Like many others who have done the program, I haven’t lost any weight (in fact, I've gained almost 4 pounds) which seems counter-intuitive to my efforts, but I have lost 6 inches! And my pictures show a world of difference to me. I’m paying attention to the positive results from this program, and refocusing my efforts for the next Stage; specifically, lowering my calorie intake while maintaining my macros. If anyone else plans to hone in on nutrition and is aiming for around 1800 calories, I would love to friend up for trading recipes, tricks and support. In fact, anyone doing the program who would like some additional support, please add me!

Strength Gains

Workout A
Squats – 24 lbs -> 125 lbs
Push ups – 15 on knees -> 8 real push ups (2 out of 3 sets)
Seated row – 30 lbs -> 80 lbs
Step-up – 20 lbs on low step -> 24 lbs on high step
Prone jack knife – 8 -> 15

Workout B
Deadlift – 40 lbs -> 115 lbs
Dumbbell shoulder press – 12 lbs in each arm -> 25 lbs in each arm
Wide-grip lat pulldown – 57 lbs -> 99 lbs
Lunge – 24 lbs -> 60 lbs
Swiss ball crunch – 8 lbs -> 15 + 15lb weight

Stats:
Weight: 159 to 162.8
Triceps:13 to 12.5
Chest: 38.75 to 37.75
Ribcage: 33.75 to 32.5
Waist: 32.25 to 31.25
Abdomen (pooch): 36.5 to 35
Hips: 40 to 39.75
Thigh: 24.25 to 24
Calf: 14.25 -SAME

+3.8 lbs, lost 6 inches

OMG, pictures.

Before Stage 1:
10aab739-30a9-48b7-80cb-aaa904ef25e9_zps03ac5983.jpg

After:
b27cb9ac-6628-4848-9ab1-32a2c8ed6027_zps182f2bdc.jpg

Before:
8c7ac001-8913-4182-976e-0a92011edae1_zps6248635f.jpg

After:
82fb5450-9a63-4d89-b271-a0097c1fb1d2_zps9a17237c.jpg

And, before:
31f8de4f-9d1d-4991-a66a-db090d487e22_zps01a1281d.jpg

After:
3558e78e-e4c1-4f37-b146-fa7ad12a209b_zps8f1b28ca.jpg

My goal in posting this is to celebrate my success and hard work, stay motivated, and eventually look back at this post and see even more significant changes. Thanks for listening! :)

Replies

• Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    Great results just from one stage! Awesome, keep it up, keep your diet in check and you'll be amazed at the end of stage 7!!

And oh yeah, scales suck!
  • tessa175
    tessa175 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!, You look fabulous, can't wait to see progress pics in stage 7. Keep up the hard work!
  • kmd613
    kmd613 Posts: 42
    Options
    Amazing results! Keep us posted on the rest of your journey! I'm on Stage 1 Workout 4 and started out at about the same weights you did, I can't imagine ending up with those numbers! :-)
  • tartsul
    tartsul Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    nice work! keep it up!
  • jenstanley13
    jenstanley13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Great job! You are definitely more toned! Keep up the effort
  • athenalove46
    athenalove46 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!!
  • lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    DYNAMITE!!! You are doing great! keep it up!
  • RRRobynnn
    RRRobynnn Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I totally needed to see this today! I'm halfway through Stage 1 and discouraged that I'm gaining on the scale and not feeling like my results are visible yet. I'm going to keep sticking to the program and look forward to having similar success! Thanks for the motivation!!
  • oameyers
    oameyers Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Wow awesome results! I enjoy reading these post because it pushing me to work harder. I just finished stage one myself and am excited to move on to the next :-)
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Very nice job! All your hard work shows. You're smaller all over. The scale is a liar!
  • chocolatecroissant
    chocolatecroissant Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Inspirational! Just goes to prove that the scales are not an accurate measure and other measurements give a much better idea of improvements. Well done.
  • eatrunstretch
    eatrunstretch Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    A big congratulations on all your achievements! Its amazing what you can do after 8 short weeks of hard work. I hope I can squat and deadlift that much soon too. As for the inches lost WOW!

I'm wrapping up S1 week 3 and am getting discouraged because the scale is up 3 lbs and my trousers are feeling real tight. Seeing this is so motivational and I am going to use it to keep myself focused so thank-you for sharing.
  • J_Dragonfly
    J_Dragonfly Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Really great progress! Thanks for sharing!
  • LB2LL
    LB2LL Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! You look amazing already! You can definitely see the changes.
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    A big congratulations on all your achievements! Its amazing what you can do after 8 short weeks of hard work. I hope I can squat and deadlift that much soon too. As for the inches lost WOW!

I'm wrapping up S1 week 3 and am getting discouraged because the scale is up 3 lbs and my trousers are feeling real tight. Seeing this is so motivational and I am going to use it to keep myself focused so thank-you for sharing.

My trousers got tight too (my only pair of work pants that still fit btw...). My pals can attest to my flip out about it. :P LOL

I am here to say that it DOES get better. My pants are no longer uncomfortably tight. I am going to be finishing up Stage 1 on Monday (only 2 workouts to go!).
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    OP: Thanks for the post! :) I needed that sort of motivation. I don't know how much change I will personally see after Stage 1, but it inspires me to know that changes WILL happen!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,969 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's awesome progress!!

Hopefully those side-by-sides will COMPLETELY propel you to the finish-line in the program.

Nicely done!
  • DesignerToast
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this! I'm in the same boat as some of the others here, my weight just seems to be going up and pants are tight. I've got two more weeks in stage one so I'm hoping I can see change at the end of it! I don't care what the scale says, I just want to wear my pants again! (Though I must admit that i'm glad to have lots of skirts/dresses and it's FINALLY warm enough in Michigan to wear them).
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress and just in Stage 1, can't wait to see the change over time!!! I'm just about to start Stage 5:)
  • dhldc85
    dhldc85 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for sharing...such an inspiration! How tall are you by the way?