Advice as you approach graduation....

Options
Julie_Donahue
Julie_Donahue Posts: 394 Member
I graduated from C25K about 5 weeks ago. In the next two weeks, I ran the full 5K (3.1) miles 5 or 6 times. But then I floundered. I didn't know what to do. For the past couple of weeks I've had a hard time getting a run in. When I graduated, I was able to run for almost an hour without stopping, now I'm having trouble running 15 or 20 minute.

So my advice to you is to have a plan BEFORE you graduate as to how you will proceed. Whether you did a bridge to 10K program or just have a weekly miles goal or whatever----make a plan before you need it.

(End of Public Service Announcement!)

Replies

• jadeblack81
    jadeblack81 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this reminder. I have 2 more runs until graduation, and though I have a couple ideas about what I'd like to do, I don't have a definite plan yet...
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I'm not there yet (just starting week 6 tomorrow) but I'm thinking of getting the Zombies, run! App. The combination of audio book, adventure game and running really appeals to me :smile:
  • mamakira
    mamakira Posts: 366
    Options
    This is a very good advice! Otherwise you lose your focus easily. Set a new goal in time. Bridge to 10k is a good program.
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Definitely! Set goals further out and sign up for more races. Right before finishing C25K I planned out my running schedule for the rest of the year. I set a short-term goal of working up to 10K first, then moving on to half-marathon training. I already have signed up for a half on Thanksgiving and also have 1-2 races a month scheduled between now and then (each getting progressively longer). I hope to do a full marathon next spring but we'll see how the half goes first.