Boring Oat bran

Options
hope25
hope25 Posts: 188 Member
What do you do to make the oat bran go down easier? I seem to already be bored of it!!

Replies

• pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    The Dukan website has the recipe for the gallette, but I also mix it in yogurt and I will probably try some of the oat bran muffins.
  • Appleina316
    Appleina316 Posts: 16
    Options
    There are loads of recipes online for the use of oatbran on Dukan friendly site. I dont like it much either but love it when in muffins bases for cheese cake and my favourite is making tortilla style wraps :-)
  • emilymaya16
    emilymaya16 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You can make it into stuff like biscuits/bread/cakes using online recipes, but one thing I realllyyyy liked was chicken nuggets! You chop up chicken breast into chunks, dip them in egg white to make them a bit sticky then roll them in oatbran then oven bake them. You can mix stuff in with the oatbran to give a bit more flavour (i used chilli seeds, chilli powder, fajita, cajun etc.) and then you can also dip them in stuff like dijon mustard or my favourite was in fat free yoghurt! Was so yummy!
  • literarykate
    literarykate Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I will definitely have to try your chicken nugget recipe. I'm starting the diet tomorrow and am relieved to know that there are ways to mix up the options. Thanks so much for posting.
  • nhiggins
    Options
    I have few favorites so far!

Oat Bran Pancake ~Gallette
    Ingredients
    1 1/2 tablespoons of Oat Bran
    1 1/2 tablespoons of non-fat Greek plain yogurt
    1 tsp. Splenda
    Vanilla or cinnamon
    1 egg (or egg white if have cholesterol problems)

Directions
    Put oat bran in a bowl, add non-fat Greek plain yogurt and one egg.

Mix all the ingredients thoroughly and pour on to a non stick pan that has been greased beforehand with a few drops of oil then wiped with kitchen paper.

Cook for 2-3 minutes each side.

Vanilla Oat Bran Porridge
    Ingredients ( 2 servings)
    3 tablespoons of oat bran
    1/2 cup of skim or zero fat milk.
    Vanilla extract to taste
    Sweetener to taste

Place the oat bran and milk in a small microwaveable bowl and heat on high for 45 seconds.
    Remove from the microwave and add the vanilla essence and sweetener to taste.
    Allow to stand for a few minutes for the oat bran to soak up the milk
    Return to the microwave and cook on high for a further 45 seconds.
    You may need to adjust the amount of milk used depending on the consistency of porridge that you like and the level of moisture in the oat bran.

Many more recipes to try!! Good luck everyone!