I need the squat rack!!

Options
BrittanyGQ
BrittanyGQ Posts: 92 Member
Hey everyone!! I'm at workout 13 of 16 in stage 1, woohoo! Anyway, I've been fairly good about doing the workouts in order, but this has been bugging me lol... sometimes when the gym gets crowded, the only 2 squat racks are already taken! And I "need" to start off with my squats or deadlifts! What do you ladies do in this case?! Usually I just go do the other moves or other exercises, even, because I just feel so awkward standing around in a gym!! I feel like I must be doing something every second. What is proper waiting etiquette?! :blushing:

Replies

• collingmommy
    collingmommy Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Workout 13 ? I'm on workout 7@ Friday anf i was unde rthe influence they're was only 8 in that stage? Hummm? Eh, screw it, I'm going on to 2 in 2 weeks! Sorry.. Can't answer you're question, I'm a "at homer" lol
  • Sporks42
    Sporks42 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Interested in this too, I usually go when it's slower at my gym, but I know I'll run into this problem sooner or later!
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Workout 13 ? I'm on workout 7@ Friday anf i was unde rthe influence they're was only 8 in that stage? Hummm? Eh, screw it, I'm going on to 2 in 2 weeks! Sorry.. Can't answer you're question, I'm a "at homer" lol

There are 16 workouts in stage 1.

I mix mine up if the equipment is not free - no time to waste time waiting for others.... I just change the order of moves around
  • pearlmullet
    pearlmullet Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    There's only one at my gym. And yesterday the woman using it wasn't even using it for squats! :grumble:

I ended up not upping my weights as much as I wanted to. Next time I'll just change the order.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I always warm up on the treadmill first. Sometimes I just warm up longer while someone is finishing up in the squat rack.

If you go at the same times on a regular basis, you'll start to know who uses the squat rack and for how long. If I'm on the treadmill and see one of the people who camp out there for an hour walk in, I bail off that treadmill like a shot and get in that squat rack first! LOL

It's frustrating, but I will change up my workout a little if I need to. Do the core stuff first and then squats, or at this point, I will do a different squat variation if there is a group of guys who will be using the rack for hours.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,958 Member
    Options
    Yep, you need the squat rack - so, I see 2 choices:

1. ask the person at the rack if you can "work-in" with them....they do a set, then you do a set (while they rest), etc.
    2. ask the person when they will be done with the rack - and remind them to come and get you to be the next one on it!

GO GET IT!