doctor says not losing weight due to stress ..

Options
just wondered if there is anything I can do, have tried various diets over the past few months inc sw, ww, calorie counting (1210 as recommended by mfp) low carb (gave me serious constipation) have also upped exercise walking briskly 3-4 times week for 30 mins, crosstrainer 20 mins a day and frustratingly have hardly lost a thing, perhaps 3lbs in 3 months :(

went to my doctors as thought might have thyroid problem, but as currently suffering from stress induced IBS she kind of blamed it on that, mumbled something about cortisol and offered no help whatsoever

im desperate now, just wondered if there was anything I could do to try and stabilised the cortisol going to start meditating, possibly have reflexology and join a gym to do weights build muscle which I hope will help me burn fat

any advice would be really appreciated

im 44 female, 15st11 never had trouble losing weight before, not meneposal cant understand what the problem is :(

Replies

• missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    are you drinking a lot of water?
  • FoodandFitness
    FoodandFitness Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Stress will typically cause you to stress eat or binge. So in a downstream of effects, it can cause weight gain.