Just finished reading "She's Come Undone"!!

Options
twinmomtwice4
twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
Wow, is all I can say. I couldn't put it down....finished it in 3 days!! It's a novel by Wally Lamb and one of Oprah Winfrey's books in her book club.

It's a very emotional book, in my opinion, about an overweight girl who strongly dislikes herself and believes she doesn't deserve to be loved. The story goes through her life into adulthood, where she strives to discover happiness and joy.

Honestly, it's one of the best books I've read in a long while!!!

Replies

• steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I, so, agree. I read the book years ago and still consider one of the best I have ever read. I remember when I finished reading it , I could not read another book for a week! It so moved me. I have been less impressed with his next books. But that book is an emotional roller coaster. Thanks for reminding me about it.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recommendation. I've had it on my bookshelf for a while. Sounds good, think I'll make it my next one!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I kept hearing about how great that book was and how overweight women would be able to relate to Dolores. But I didn't. In fact, I couldn't stand her. All these awful things happen to her and I knew I should feel sorry for her but I didn't because I thought she was weak, pathetic and whiny. I couldn't feel an ounce of sympathy for her and her stupid decisions.
  • KindleKate
    KindleKate Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I loved that book when I read it several years ago. A good read.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    sounds good!