recovery week ?!

Options
collingmommy
collingmommy Posts: 456 Member
When u get to the recovery week are you supposed to do any exercising? I'm still trying to lose weight but i don't want to do anything that's going to cause me to have a epic fail and set me back ... As of right now, I'm in a"maintenance" week calorie wise, i also try to do at least 1 hour if cardio in Tuesdays and Thursday, and of on the week ends. What's yalls idea? I have at least 15 percent body fat to loose.

Replies

• collingmommy
    Options
    ? Any one
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    I always did cardio, that tended to be the only week I'd see a number drop on the scale.
  • collingmommy
    Options
    Did u do it every day? Only on days u would of been lifting?
  • LuvtheCubs
    LuvtheCubs Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I think you needs break from lifting. I did other things but nothing too extreme. Walked, bike, etc. I think the recovery week helps prevent injury further down the line. Remember to think of this as something you can sustain for the long haul.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,003 Member
    Options
    "Break weeks" are going to be different for every single person. There are no "rules" to a 'break week"....other than, purposefully NOT doing heavy-lifting during a break week.

If you feel like doing some cardio, do it.

If you feel like you need a FULL rest, do it.
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    It depended for me, sometimes my rest week fell during a holiday when I had family here and just couldn't do anything really, some weeks I'd do cardio 5 of the seven days, sometimes I'd take 4 days off bc my body "needed" a break, but by day 5 I was back to normal and would do some cardio the last few days off, just whatever worked and I felt up to.
  • chocolatecroissant
    chocolatecroissant Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I've just had a break week and focused on doing stuff that I never have the energy or time for usually - some aerobics, running. Back to it today!