Running in a 5K tomorrow

M00NPYE
M00NPYE Posts: 193 Member
I have just finished week 3 of C25K, and signed up for a fun run tomorrow for the humane society and will be running with our dogs :tongue: , it will be timed and I have done all my running on a treadmill. Any suggestions?

Replies

• dmw45
    dmw45 Posts: 73
    I started running outside just recently around week 6-7. Its the hills that get you. Even what seems like a small incline kicks my butt. Been slowing down when my breath starts to get toov heavy. Thats my best tip. Also boughht a sun visor. Haven't used it yet but think I need one. And wear sunglasses of course.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Your dogs must LOVE you!

Hats are great. Bring four safety pins, just in case. You shouldn't need to carry water. Disposable ponchos if it rains are awesome and I need to get bunch of them. Bring a wad of toilet paper in case the portajohns run out before the race.

Slow down. Walk when you need to. The transition from treadmill to outside can be no joke. Enjoy yourself!
  • Just_Alyssa
    Just_Alyssa Posts: 52 Member
    Don't let the excitement of your first race get to you... pace yourself. You will go faster outside.

Also, GOOD LUCK! YOU CAN DO IT!!
  • M00NPYE
    M00NPYE Posts: 193 Member
    Wow, good stuff... I would have never thought about! Thanks! :bigsmile:
  • dmw45
    dmw45 Posts: 73
    Your dogs must LOVE you!

Hats are great. Bring four safety pins, just in case. You shouldn't need to carry water. Disposable ponchos if it rains are awesome and I need to get bunch of them. Bring a wad of toilet paper in case the portajohns run out before the race.

Slow down. Walk when you need to. The transition from treadmill to outside can be no joke. Enjoy yourself!

Thanks for this! I'm doing my first one next weekend and I hadn't thought of toilet paper!