Who has watched the new Star Trek?

Options
bushidowoman
bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
I saw it in 3D last night. While I was impressed with the 3D effects, I was not as impressed with the story. There were some things in this one I just found...wrong. Anyone else seen it?

Replies

• Canuck_Fit
    Canuck_Fit Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Watched it opening night on Wednesday here in 3d. I loved the entire movie until one scene in particular, not sure I want to spoil it but it's a particularly violent scene for Star Trek.
  • artsycella
    artsycella Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My brief and non-spoilery thoughts on Star Trek: Into Darkness: Having a super cool Benedict Cumberbatch is enough to make me forgive almost anything. Too bad there was so much that required forgiveness. Also, LENS FLARE!!!
  • Canuck_Fit
    Canuck_Fit Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My brief and non-spoilery thoughts on Star Trek: Into Darkness: Having a super cool Benedict Cumberbatch is enough to make me forgive almost anything. Too bad there was so much that required forgiveness. Also, LENS FLARE!!!

Thankfully the lens flare was toned down this time, too many 3D lense flares may actually cause blindness :)
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    I didn't go but plan too...one of my friends went and she said she LOVED it and if I wanted to go she would see it again that was how much she enjoyed it!
  • JessieJanie
    JessieJanie Posts: 428
    Options
    I saw it. And all I'm gonna say is this: I wish a man would love me as much as Spock loves Kirk.
  • CollegiateGrief
    CollegiateGrief Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I really liked it. One particular Spock line I found a bit comical. But Benedict Cumberbatch... :love:

It was pretty epic.
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I went to see if in 2D because I discovered from the Hobbit that I hate 3D and it totally distracts from the story.

I am a giant Star Trek geek (yes, I have seen every episode of every show, old, new and in between) and I thought it was amazing. It had all the humor and character development I want from my Star Trek plus more gritty realism, ala Enterprise, which I particularly loved.
  • Spatialized
    Spatialized Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Saw it in 2D due to a mix up with the wife (she went the day prior to get tix) and enjoyed it. Actually want to go and see it in 3D as I could see multiple times where they way they shot was meant to be 3D. You can tell that the story is very shaped by current events and by (relatively) current themes in scifi/fantasy (almost like JJ read too much Martin while watching older John Woo films). For the first time in quite awhile I actually want to see it again...that says a lot.
  • TeamEdwardJenn
    TeamEdwardJenn Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I saw it on Sunday . It was ok , but my heart will always be with the force :)
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Saw it Saturday night and quite enjoyed it.. And Im a hard core treker lol... there were 1 or 2 things that made my star trek heart stutter a little but it also cracked me up in that I'm-a-geek-who-watched-the-old-school-and-know-the-inside-joke kinda way ...
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I went to see if in 2D because I discovered from the Hobbit that I hate 3D and it totally distracts from the story.

I am a giant Star Trek geek (yes, I have seen every episode of every show, old, new and in between) and I thought it was amazing. It had all the humor and character development I want from my Star Trek plus more gritty realism, ala Enterprise, which I particularly loved.

Thank you! I couldn't agree more.
  • CollegiateGrief
    CollegiateGrief Posts: 552 Member
    Options

Third'ed. By which I mean, yes, this.
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options

Fourthed. Which might mean there are whales!!

I didn't like the first refranchise, but loved this, I've alredy pre ordered the DVD!!

Did you see the fabric on the uniforms had tiny star fleet symbols woven into it!! I loved all the little details!!
  • redhead1910
    redhead1910 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    It was eye candy and very visually impressive... Would have been a good movie if it wasn't a "Star Trek" movie. I felt like it didn't really uphold the really uphold to the Trek standard story wise.
  • TheKitsune6
    Options

Fourthed. Which might mean there are whales!!

I didn't like the first refranchise, but loved this, I've alredy pre ordered the DVD!!

Did you see the fabric on the uniforms had tiny star fleet symbols woven into it!! I loved all the little details!!

YES! I loved that! I wanted it!
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    It was eye candy and very visually impressive... Would have been a good movie if it wasn't a "Star Trek" movie. I felt like it didn't really uphold the really uphold to the Trek standard story wise.

Care to elaborate?
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    So..... do you think there will be a David Marcus?

Because without him there's no Genesis probe!!!

Personally, I'd have liked to see a few more of Kahn' s crew!! They were quite yummy in the other time line!!
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I went to the double feature. Had seen the first one before but my company hadn't. All over, I definitely liked the first one better. I just thought the story was more interesting and, of course, it was fun to see how the new actors were playing the young versions of characters everyone knows so well.

But what really made the second amazong was Benedict Cumberbatch's performance. Wow, that man can act!
  • kmgstevens
    kmgstevens Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I saw the movie last night and I really enjoyed it! I hadn't seen the first one until Friday night and it was SUPER cheese-tastic. I'm not a huge Star Trek fan (I only ever watched TNG as a youngster), so I'm sure a lot of stuff went over my head. I liked the story in this one much more and Benedict Cumberbatch....Ugh. Amazing! I love him!! He did a fantastic job and was by far the best part of the movie.
  • valmaebel
    valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I loved it! Had the great somewhat cheesy one liners...awesome action...great character development...all in all a great movie. Makes me want to go rewatch the "other" Star Trek movie involving Kahn...